Thread: Blackberry 8520 curve: How to enable java script?

Blackberry 8520 curve: How to enable java script?

My father gave me present on my birthday before few weeks. This was the new blackberry 8520 curve. Since, I am new user to the blackberry 8520 curve I don’t know how enable the java script on my phone. So here I need your help to enable the java script on my blackberry 8520 curve. Someone can help me please?

Re: Blackberry 8520 curve: How to enable java script?

Let me tell you that The Blackberry browser uses Java, so first you will need to make it as default. And after that to changing the browser identification settings you will need to follow these steps which are as:
    • On the Home screen, select Browser.
    • Press the Menu key.
    • Click Options > Browser Configuration.
    • Confirm Browser is set to Internet Browser.
    • Change Browser Identification to BlackBerry.
    • Press the Menu key and click Save.
    • Close the browser.

I think that there are so difference between "Java", "JavaScript" and "Java Applet". But let me tell you that JavaScript is supported by your mobile phone, and Java Applet is not supported by your phone. For enabling the JavaScript you will need to do the setting as go to Browser->Options->Browser Configuration->Scroll down->Enable "Support JavaScript"->Save Options. After doing this thing you will able to enable JavaScript in your BlackBerry Internet Browser. And while doing this make sure that you have at least BlackBerryOS Version 4.0 or later. For see the version you will need to see the version in Options->about.

Ok, I had checked that option and that works for me at that time, but now I am having BlackBerry 7100i, so can you suggest me the way to enable the JavaScript in BlackBerry 7100i. and also thanks for the suggestion.

Hey friends, I want to know that if Java Script is supported by the BlackBerry phones then how someone get around these errors when using Outlook Web Access when trying to send/reply to an e-mail? The errors are as:
    "InvalidAddress: javascript:OnNewForm(document.msgViewer.FormType.O ptions(document.msgViewer.FormType.selectedIndex). value);"
    "Invalid address: javascript: SetCmd(cmdSend);"
    I wan to know the reason for that. Please suggest me if you have faced this type of the error while using the JavaScript.

Sorry friend, I am not facing this type of the problem. In this case I will tell you that if you are facing this type of the problem then you will need to contact with the BlackBerry customer care service. I think that in this case they will help you a lot. Try to communicate with them and do the same as they are directing you. I am also using the Blackberry 8520 curve, but I am not facing this type of the problem so I cant say anything. If you are having any other problem then you can ask us on the same forums.