Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc functioning very slowly

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc functioning very slowly

Hi, I am using Xperia arc that I had bought some days before. And It was working perfectly, but I am not getting what could be the problem but now whenever I open anything from the home screen it just keeps lagging and functioning very slowly.

When it comes to opening any messages it performs very slowly, in fact I don’t know when did I seen it working perfectly. And so I am not able to figure out the actual problem in the phone.

Need suggestion.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc functioning very slowly

I am sure there could be problem with some of the application for sure, because once I was also having the same problem with that only with my Xperia X10. Thus I would suggest you the same thing that I had done with my mobile, you should try to delete that particular application from the mobile which is having problem. you can figure out this by opening then and observing their behavior, I know this is quite pathetic, but still quite better to wiped everything.

Do you know which was the last application you have installed, and after that this is happening?

See let me tell you as this kind of the problems happens only because of the third party application that we used to install, and thus you can try observing that first.

Have you ever figure out any such odd process running? Because see whenever too many process run concurrently it causes such a problems thus according to me you should try to kill all those process which is either idol or not in use for long.

And as mentioned by the above user, try to delete all the application that you have installed, because see that you can easily have it again in the phone, but continuing this way will surely lead you to damage firmware and you must have to install it again.

Try to empty the phone memory as they are the primary reasons that can cause such a problem.

And as far as messages are concern, Depending on how many messages you have, it will take time to open a huge database, and this will definitely slow down your device.

I am agreeing with the above user, but still there could be too many problems that can slower the performance of the phone. I mean to say any data rather content can causes this kind of problems. in other words see as the above user mentioned that it might be because of any application but still any other content can also cause such problem.

Have you ever tried to run the mobile without memory card? If not then you should do this for at least once, because the thing is like you can simply figure out the changes as if suppose you are not having any glitch using that, then it simply means there is some problem in the SD card for sure, and if possible then you should try to find the glitch otherwise according to me as well wiping the card is necessary.

Try to clear your home screen widget, because running applications from home screen consume lot of ram compare to opening the same application from the SD card or I mean to say from other location.

I think there could be some problem with the firmware that you is been installed in the phone, because this is the only reason left that can causes this kind problem in the phone.

But before this you can have another option as well, I mean to say you can simply try to rest the phone and if suppose that doesn’t work then surely firmware update would the surest option as a solution.

And it is recommended to backup each and every important data that you want, because hard reset will wipe all the data from the mobile.

Thanks for the replies you have given but I think firmware update is the only option left because none other worked actually. Anyways can I update it on my own, or I have visit service center? Because the thing is like I have heard that if we do it on our own we just lose the warranty.

Anyways is there any application through which we can fasten the device performance?

Yeah there is a application that you can use, but I am not sure whether in your case it will work the same, but you should try at least, the name of that application is “apps2SD”.

If suppose you are still having the same problem you should try to visit the service center and after all this is the most finest way, because I am not sure whether you’ll lose warranty after updating the firmware on your own. Thus according to me let them do the same for you, why you are bothering?