Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc battery life after firmware update to 2.3.3

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc battery life after firmware update to 2.3.3

Hi, I am using Sony Ericson xperia ARC, and it was running perfectly before some days rather in brief I would say I was running perfectly before I updated its firmware. Or I might be wrong as there could be some problem with my device.

Anyways I want to know about the battery life of this phone after firmware update to 2.3.3, because I have noticed that my arc just drains the batter quicker as compare to its previous behavior, and I am not getting whether it is really happening or not, is there any way through which we can test it?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc battery life after firmware update to 2.3.3

Yeah you can say that, in fact there were some bugs as well that are just gone and because of that you can say as the battery life became so worst, I am also having the same problem.

I would say, I am not agree with above user as I have also upgraded my mobile but I am not having any such problem in my phone in fact it is working very good, better then it was before. Thus according to me you should try to test all the accessories that you have such as your charger and battery inside your phone.

You can make use of another battery and off course charger as well with your mobile and then see whether they are also behaving same or not, and accordingly you have to make some decision.

Yeah exactly, battery life improved in my arc after this upgrade, but I think you must be having some problem with your device or might be any accessories as mentioned by above user.

Have you tried using another battery or charger? If not then you should at least try and then mention your comment as well.

I have done the thing you have mentioned over here, as I tried to charge with another charger and used another battery too, but still having the same problem, and whatever bugs they had been fixed but they are almost worthless.

I think it might be possible that there could be some problem in the firmware that you have updated. Because one I was also having the almost same problem, I mean to say I was not able to charge the mobile however, but after updating the firmware it was again perfectly working.

Before this you can have another option as well, you can simply try a firmware resetting as well. and it is strongly recommended as you should make backup of each and every content you have stored in the mobile, because see soft reset doesn’t wiped any data but still if that doesn’t work then I know you’ll surely try hard resetting, and while doing that It will surely wiped everything from the mobile.

And if suppose the same thing is happening, then according to me you can have option to update the firmware again.

Thanks for the suggestion, but really I am not getting what could be the reason behind this, but if suppose there is some problem with the hardware so would be replaceable? Because I don’t know about the terms and condition that they have made for replacement.

see there are too many thing that cause the battery drains quicker than it supposed to do. I mean to say there is certain application that causes battery drains, so keep avoid using them, after that full brightness also causes the same thing. And the most important thing is using the GPS, WIFI, Bluetooth for more time also causes faster battery drain.

Thus according to me you should try to avoid using things so that you can test your device perfectly, if after doing this as well the same happens that means surely there is some problem with the device for sure.

As you have mentioned that would it be replaceable, so let me tell you that I am also not sure, because see there are too many conditions such as,

1. The very first of all is like you must have to have warranty period remain for the device, otherwise you can’t claim warranty.

2. For each and every accessories there is different specified time. you can better know it by going through the manual given to you with device.

3. There should not be any physical damage, or is must have been faulted by the company itself.

And there are many more, in fact I am not even aware about it.
    And at last if suppose you are not getting anything then you should try to visit the service center and mentioned the same problem to them, as they will surely help you.