Thread: BlackBerry Storm 9530: Not able to dial neither USSD codes / nor GSM codes

BlackBerry Storm 9530: Not able to dial neither USSD codes / nor GSM codes

Hey hi all, I am currently using BlackBerry Storm 9530, and also this is GSM / CDMA phone. From the last few days I am getting problem with my BlackBerry Storm 9530. At this time I am using the GSM network and while using this network I am not able to dial neither USSD codes / nor GSM codes. I mean to say that when I dial *120# for checking the balance or when I dial #21# to disable call forwarding, it goes like a call and after that I found the reply from there that is "NUMBER DOESN'T EXIST". I am not bale to fix this problem so can anyone help me to solve this issue?

Re: BlackBerry Storm 9530: Not able to dial neither USSD codes / nor GSM codes

Hey, first tell me that is that numbers are usually carrier specific? First make sure that, I think that if your network is not responding for that numbers then it might happens that these numbers are not carrier specific. And if yes then try to get the correct carrier specific numbers for checking the balance and disable the call forwarding and then try again.

yes, I am sure that they are correct. I had tried this numbers with the other phone and this was working fine, I think that there are some setting problem in my BlackBerry Storm 9530. I am sure about this thing because when I dial the number then instead of showing me message that ""Your balance is..."" my phone is showing like that I am making call. Am I right that there are some problem with my phone or it is network fault or it is happening only due to the new changed setting? Please suggest me because I am having this problem from the last few weeks and from there only I am not able to see my balance and also I am not able to disable the call forwarding.

I think that some carriers block Short Code SMS messages so ion your case he same thing is happening that’s why you are not getting any response from there. And this is only incase of some carriers. Whether you call them they will enable your account. Sprint plans do this because so many billing scam is this. Users suddenly get a monthly recurring charge, since it has "opted in" in one of these schemes, without even realizing what was happening, all for answering an innocuous looking message of the text. Then Sprint fields lots of calls to customer service angry, wondering what on earth as of charge. So that you are facing this type of the problem, For that you will need to contact with the operator services. And I am sure that they will help you in your case.

Hello friends, you mean to say that there is no other way for this? I am also having the same problem and not getting the proper solution for that. If you have any proper suggestion ion this case then please suggests us.

I think that if the carrier has sms short code which is disabled then I think that there is no other way to use others to call them and allowed. Sprint now blocked by default and you have to call and specifically request it. and also in this case I will suggest you to check out the setting for the network selection and hope that it will work for you. Try with that suggestion and hope that it will work for you.

I had seen at the other forums and good that really worked for me. For that I will suggest you some steeps for that. The steps are:

1. Make an ordinary call to a USSD code WITHOUT * and # for example, 120
    2. While the call is in progress, enter your preferred USSD eg * 120 #

Hey friends thanks for your reply. After using your all suggestion, now I am able to dial the GSM codes in my BlackBerry Storm 9530. I done this thing by not dialing the number using the * and # for example, 120. This is working for me, and thanks a lot for it. And also thanks for suggesting me the steps to enable the dialing. Before using this suggestion my phone was showing that I am making a call but actually it was not doing anything. But now after using your suggestion I am able to dial the codes. For that thing I don’t think that I have to contact with the customer care service. I was thinking that it was my phones fault by actually it was not. Now my phone is working so fine and I am happy with that, and also thanks for the help.