Thread: my blackberry phone does not get facebook notifications or twitter notifications

my blackberry phone does not get facebook notifications or twitter notifications

I have a BlackBerry Torch 9800 and my problem is receiving the Facebook notifications.They used to come sometimes but by now that have just stopped totally since i have reinstalled Facebook on my phone as i had the same trouble before which was the only reason i went for reinstalling it but nothing seems to be working by now,I have also tried the hard reset bu even that did not solved my problem,if there is any one who can help me out will be highly appreciated.BlackBerry Torch 9800.

Re: my blackberry phone does not get facebook notifications or twitter notifications

Even i used to face the same problem and there are many more facing the same problem,what you can do is just log out from the Facebook and then log in again,after doing so you might just receive a message saying that your push notifications are not working for this moment so if its starts working again you will receive all the notifications again.I know its very weird thing to be going on with Face Book but we just don't have any other way to solve this out rather than just accepting this.

Re: my blackberry phone does not get facebook notifications or twitter notifications

Even i have the same problem but I understand the fact that my "blackberry" e-mail address is has not yet been linked to my Fb account.But will it prevent me to receive the messages in the fb application as well??? because i personally don't mind opening my fb application and see my messages without the notification but i am not receiving the messages in the fb application as well.

I think i have a solution for your problem.generally one needs to update his email passwords for email accounts which are connected to telus,Verizon,etc.blackberry.com,one also has to confirm it just before it re-sends the notifications to the emails connected,so after this is done one can go for the Facebook options for notifications to check if the email same and even check the off fb message and notifications residing down.

Even i am facing this notification problem in my blackberry curve since when and i am tired of it by now is there any way to solve it so that whenever anyone comment on my notes or status i get them as a Face Book notification on my phone??? i have checked my setting to receive it as an email,by which i get it on my phone but in email form but i want it in fb application form.is there any what to change it?,any help regarding this will be highly appreciated?.

yes you can very well do it,what all you have to do is just go into settings and then in the application where it says 3rd party so change it to "add on" and then move to the fb icon and press the menu button and then edit everything in the default permission to allow.i hope this will work for you.