Thread: Maps are missing in BlackBerry curve 8520

Maps are missing in BlackBerry curve 8520

I am having a problem in my blackberry curve 8520 with 4.6 OS version,I am in Qatar using a post paid service but the maps are missing in my screen? I am not able to configure my email? and whenever I am trying to install any application on my phone its asking me to upgrade my phone using a computer? but I don't think we have a upgrading facility right here.is there any way of using the OS from some other country? and how can I configure an enterprise server? any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Maps are missing in BlackBerry curve 8520

As far as I know you You will have to contact to your service provider and you need to add a suitable Data Plan for your phone.Unless you get a blackberry plan you wont be able to use E Mail nor you will be able to install apps on your phone,there are hardly some apps that you will be able to use.You cant even upgrade your OS as well.Just contact your service provider and you will surely get it solved.

I have a blackberry 9630 and i am facing some problem in downgrading my phone software using BB website.I wanted to downgrade my phone software from the latest version to the previous because I felt that the working pace of my device has been reduced but don't know why the connection got failed and the process was incomplete.luckily the backing up process was completed before the connection was lost,and later when I went for restarting the process it was somehow completed and the phone has also gained it pace back but I am not able to find my restore data,i had used browser plugin.Is there any one who can help me out to get out of this? those data are very important to me,any suggestion to help this out will be highly appreciated.

I don't have much idea about the method you are talking about but i think you should try searching your whole hard drive having a file with .ipd extension,you will need to search it through all the folders including the hidden folders as well.just check each results deeply and slowly the date and time of all the files while help you to identify that on which day and time they have been created.if you are able to find any of them that you think they wold have been created between the period of the time you were downgrading your phone.then can be very well used to restore you required data.

I am using a blackberry curve and it was working quite fine by now but today whenever i am trying to open my folders in the memory card it is giving me a error that the media card contains error,i Neva got this message before it even says to solve the error you have to use disk error-checking connecting it to computer.I don't have any idea regarding the same can any one help me to sot out this.

Even i have came across such errors quite a few times i think there is something wrong in you memory card.Just switch off your phone and then remove your memory card and rub those golden fingers at the end slowly and put it again and check if the error disappeared.I not then you can give another try by inserting your memory card in card adapter and using a card reader you can format the memory card with the help of your computer.

you can also try this out if you are not willing to loose your data or format your memory card.after you connect your memory card to your computer check the memory card through the connection between your card reader and the computer and then go to the settings of the memory card and then switch on your media card support,switch on your mass storage mode,choose the "yes" option for the "auto enable mass storage" and finally save the settings and exit.now if you are able to open your memory card in your PC then just move all the content from your memory card store it somewhere and scan it and then go for formatting the memory card and after you format your card copy your content and then remove and insert your memory card back again and check if its working now.

I have a blackberry storm 9530 and i am trying to install a new OS using the app loader i have reached till the "Application Loader Wizard" and have listed all the
    next to each other with check boxes.I am familiar to all the other items except this two: 1)s/mime support packages and the 2)DOD root certificates? i just wanted to know what are they used for? and do i need them or not???

As far as i know S/MIME is usually used for the purpose of encrypting e-mails,it is only applied if you encrypt your email it also requires BES where as DOD(department of defense) is used for public key encryption and digital signatures which are generally used more by united states government the are used to access DOD database using your browser.if you are not related to military in any kind then you just don't need it any how.