Thread: Blackberry Services having problem through WIFI

Blackberry Services having problem through WIFI

I have just bought a new blackberry 8328 and now when I am trying to use my web browser i get a message just as i enter any URL saying that you are using a WI-FI service so check whether the phone is having proper WI-FI connection.I don't know what is the problem am i not suppose to use my browser before switching on my WI-FI,i have already changed my internet setting to preferred browser option and it is displaying the same as well.i don't know whats the problem? any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Blackberry Services having problem through WIFI

if you want to surf through a edge network you just have to make some simple changes,just go to option and then click on Advanced Options and then click on the Browser and change the Default browser configuration setting to "t zone" and if you want surf through wifi then just go option and then click on Advanced Options and then click on the Browser and change the Default browser configuration setting to "wifi browser"you would have thought that it might change automatically but it actually does not,even i had faced the same problem for the first time.

Even i was having the same problem a couple of weeks ago.I was having only two options first the "T-zones" and the other "Wi-Fi Browser"The actual problem is that we need to have 3 options the both above with the third option "Internet Browser"if your phone is having only the first 2 option,then you need to talk to your service provider and they will resend you the required service books and Once they send you the service books you will get the "internet browser as well" and after selecting the "internet browser" as your default browser configuration you wont have the problem any more.i hope this will help you solving your issues.

one of the other way to solve this out is To go to the options and then click on advanced options and then just scroll down to "host routing table" and then just click on that and just as you click on it you will find a list of nos after your carrier name and then highlight the one in BOLD letters after highlighting it click on the BB menu and click "register now",and the you will instantly get a message saying that you have been registered with the wireless network and then just go back and you will find your "internet browser option".hope that helps.

i have the exact problem and i did as you suggested but then when clicked on the "host routing table" i did not find any entries???,I had clicked on "register now" and got a pop up as well saying that your registration message has been sent but nothing seems to be working by now.I still have the only "wi-fi" option.i used to surf using gprs but am no longer able to do so.i don't know whats wrong with it? if there is any one who can help me to sort this out will be highly appreciated.

As far as i know if there Nothing in your "Host Routing Table" basically means that you may not be having the required "Blackberry data plan" or it may be that your device is not having a proper connection with the network or the tower but if you find that's not the issue than you can give it a try by removing the battery which will reset the device.hope one of no solution will solve your issue.

I really have some weird kind of problem with my blackberry phone whenever i surf with my wifi connection and check my router client's list I very well find my phone connected.I am able to view the IP address in my phone and the router as well.when check the Manage Connections i can find the SSID name visible on my phone but and i also get a blue check mark at the side of the Wi-Fi and the SSID shown in Green, but i also find an symbol (-) at the right end side,as far as i know i should have a check mark an not this symbol.I remember when i used to surf on internet i use to see the Wifi icon in white color and not in grey.is there anyone having a idea about this??? what should i need to do to see that check mark again rather than this symbol?

I am not aware of the symbol you are talking about bu as far as i know if its showing a green check mark means that your in connection but If you are not having a "blackberry data plan" then you just wont be able to use of blackberry applications,are you using a "hotspot browser"????? if yes then open the browser you are using and check that if you are able to switch to wifi or the hotspot browser in the "browser configuration options".