Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia arc is not starting up anymore after getting root error message

Sony Ericsson Xperia arc is not starting up anymore after getting root error message

Recently I have purchased a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc phone from a sony store near my home. I simply like this phone as it is one of the most amazing device. I wanted to get better performance and more applications so I thought of rooting my Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc. I actually rooted my device using flashtool. While I was rooting my device everything went right but just later I got a message like root aborted. I don’t know what happened. Now my phone is not starting anymore. I am not able to turn it on. I cannot do anything now. I would like to hear from people if they have anything regarding this. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Please help me out

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia arc is not starting up anymore after getting root error message

Firstly you know what to get better solution and effective one; I think you need to mention details in the query, because right now it is very difficult to assume the problem. I would like to know whether the bootloader is locked or unlocked. While you were rooting your device please tell me what firmware were you using? Also mention what did you use to root? I assume that you must have used Gingerbreak. Kindly reply me so that I can help you out properly.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia arc is not starting up anymore after getting root error message

I am facing the same problem with my arc too. I have touched the bootloader and my bootloader is locked. I am having 2.3.3 version firmware installed. I was trying to flash it back to the previous version so during that time the flashtool aborted. I got a error message like “power on go to settings and turn on ressources and debugging” and after that even my phone isn’t starting up.

I would say that first try to unlock the bootloader. After unlocking the bootloader, try to reflash with the newest firmware. I would recommend you to get the latest firmware downloaded from google website. You can also just visit the sony official website and get the information regarding the latest the firmware for your device

I would suggest you to first try to get this package FlashTool_0.2.9.1_FOTAUnbrick.exe. You can download this package from the internet. Just google around on the internet and get it downloaded. The size of this file is around 60mb. After downloading this package, try to extract it to a destination of your choice and after that try to run Flashtool.exe then,
    • Hit the button FLASH.
    • Select the package which is included.
    • Follow the steps and connect your phone in flashmode
    • Flashtool will now detect your phone and start the repair procedure.
    • After all is done your phone should be up and running again.
    I hope this solution will work and will help you to resolve the issue.

I think you need to call up the sony customer care and ask for assistance from them or else you can just visit sony service center and get the phone working. I am sure doing this will resolve your issue.