Thread: Screen of blackberry curve 8520 is not lightning up properly

Screen of blackberry curve 8520 is not lightning up properly

I have been using blackberry curve 8520 smartphone since 10 months. My cousin was actually using the phone and unfortunately the phone got little wet. He wiped it off immediately and the phone was working after that too. I assumed that there was no damage. Actually after that I switched off my phone and kept the phone on charging. Then in the next morning I tried to switch on the phone, the keypad lights came on, red flash light on the phone came on too but the screen didn’t light up properly. I think this has happened because the phone had got wet. But if it is because of that the screen isn’t turning light then why I did not stop working at that time only. I am confused. Now if I press the screen then I am to view little but not properly and once I stop pressing the screen , light of the screen goes back and keeps it dark making me unable to view anything. Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Re: Screen of blackberry curve 8520 is not lightning up properly

Let me tell you that water goes inside the device through tiny interface also. It could be that the problem is because of something else but you have to assume currently that it is because of the water. I would recommend you to remove the battery from your phone for some time and let it get dry. After some hours, you can put the battery back in the phone and see if it is working or no. if not then I think that there is some issue of display may be because of the water.

I think the only thing now you can do is that you can take your phone repairing. Possibly I assume that water has damaged the display of your phone. Water is dangerous for electronic items as there are chips involved in the electronic devices

I think you should first atleast restore the data’s saved on your device before taking it for repair. Connect your device to the pc via usb. See if the screen comes or no. once you have connected the device to the pc, device will get detected and you will find the mass storage option in pc. Just save all your data’s by copying it into your computer.

I think your memory has got corrupted. If you use any memory card then kindly remove it. After removing just format it or scan it. If it’s fine then put it back. And then try to restart the phone

If your phone is warranty period then it is better that you return it to the dealer as it seems have got faulty. Also if you can then it is better to reset the device to its factory setting. But make sure that you are having the backup of the phone as the reset will delete everything from the mobile phone

I think the screen of your phone has got damaged. Always make sure that you keep your devices away from water. As you have mentioned, keypad is fine and the battery part is also fine. You said that you had wiped it, I think from over it would have got wiped but water might have gone inside. I think you need to change the display of your phone.