Thread: BlackBerry Torch 9800 browser is not working on the Wi-Fi

BlackBerry Torch 9800 browser is not working on the Wi-Fi

I don’t know what is wrong with my BlackBerry Torch 9800 for some reason my browser is now working when I connected to Wi-Fi I have tried all like my home connection , office even café and airport but its just don’t work at all but its work fine on data plan which is from AT&T just don’t respond to the Wi-Fi all apps like twitter, facebook work fine on Wi-Fi but not the browser . Its try to load the page and after some time says “connection not found please try again later, if the problem persists please contact the service provider”. When I connect other device to my device its connects fine and there browser works absolutely fine so I am pretty sure it’s not my router problem. I have contacted AT&T but they were not able to know the problem yet so dose anyone here have this kind of problem on there BlackBerry device. I don’t know what to do does any one direct me to the right path I would be very glad

Re: BlackBerry Torch 9800 browser is not working on the Wi-Fi

Just to be clear you said that all app are working fine accept the browser if that is the case you can do the common thing that is advisable just clear browser cache and cookies and then do the hard reset after that and then see if its works or not

Yep jut the problem with my browser all other apps working fine and already done the clear browser cache and cookies and hard reset as you said but I am afraid the problem is still there

I think the browser should work on the Wi-Fi try this . make sure you have enable the Wi-Fi in manage connection which I think you already did , now open the browser go to open menu from there select bookmark and then scroll up to Wi-Fi services in that select Wi-Fi Hotspot login . now I am assuming you have this bookmark if not try to find same kind of link If it's an open Wi-Fi network you'll get the message that you are connected if login required you will directed to the login page

I had similar kind of problem with my BlackBerry Bold 9700 . its like 5 out of 7 BlackBerry phone running on BlackBerry 6 OS has this problem . Its works sometime when you delete the Wi-Fi saved profile and start over again. I also succeeded once by going to Wi-Fi diagnostics and Pinging to self and the Google website Its unsolved and irritating I've have improved with the newer versions 424, 448 though it hemmorages RAM and BlackBerry Bold 9700 with 6.0.0.461v which appear to be a bit superior. 424 was the best, though for everything Wi-Fi worked great

Quote Originally Posted by Erie View Post
    I think the browser should work on the Wi-Fi try this . make sure you have enable the Wi-Fi in manage connection which I think you already did , now open the browser go to open menu from there select bookmark and then scroll up to Wi-Fi services in that select Wi-Fi Hotspot login . now I am assuming you have this bookmark if not try to find same kind of link If it's an open Wi-Fi network you'll get the message that you are connected if login required you will directed to the login page
    I open the browser and then chosen bookmarks although I don't spot any select Wi-Fi services page so how can I get this bookmark on my BlackBerry
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinois View Post
    I had similar kind of problem with my BlackBerry Bold 9700 . its like 5 out of 7 BlackBerry phone running on BlackBerry 6 OS has this problem . Its works sometime when you delete the Wi-Fi saved profile and start over again. I also succeeded once by going to Wi-Fi diagnostics and Pinging to self and the Google website Its unsolved and irritating I've have improved with the newer versions 424, 448 though it hemmorages RAM and BlackBerry Bold 9700 with 6.0.0.461v which appear to be a bit superior. 424 was the best, though for everything Wi-Fi worked great
    I just verify once more. Right now I am streaming iheartradio well on my BlackBerry Torch 9800 and Im connected to my home Wi-Fi . other than that when I try and load a page on the browser I keep getting that same message.

I think you using the BlackBerry OS6 and it has browser selection is automatic so that’s why you don't see the bookmark on your BlackBerry

Do you facing this issue form the start when you got your scenario or this is recent scenario? If its from the start then you can contact the service center and get it corrected

Yes it was from the being since I got my BlackBerry Torch 9800 for the first time and I already made call to service center and tey said I have problem with my router phone is perfectly fine that when I decided to check my phone in office even café and airport still not working the issue is still pending in service center

Hey I was also facing the same problem please suggest me any solution if you get any I would be glad to know it

See if this works my BlackBerry torch is working fine turn off the mobile connection and launch the browser and all will be ok. I think the activity monitor show traffic so perhaps its puzzled, can't be on mobile with it turned off