Thread: Blackberry Protect fail to take backup on my BlackBerry Bold 9780

Blackberry Protect fail to take backup on my BlackBerry Bold 9780

I have BlackBerry bold 9870 which have this awesome app named BlackBerry protect but I am facing trouble to use one to the most important feature that app has that is Back up. When ever I try to perform back up its shows the error
    Code:
    Backup failed:
    NullPointerException:
    java.lang.NullPointer
    Exception
    Can anyone help me with this problem? I really want to do the back up

Re: Blackberry Protect fail to take backup on my BlackBerry Bold 9780

Did you do the hard reset, you have to do hard reset first before backup. Have you tried it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by switchblade327 View Post
    Did you do the hard reset, you have to do hard reset first before backup. Have you tried it yet?
    Thanks for replying
    I have already tried the hard reset but its doesn’t work .now I also noticed one more thing on my BlackBerry bold that its GPS locater is also not working I am not sure but is this the reason for have this issue can any one say any thing about this

No I am positive that GPS issue is the cause of this trouble on your BlackBerry bold 9780 but I guess these two problems is cause by the same problem. did you see any problem with other third party apps when to run them what I like to suggest you is remove the BlackBerry protect from your phone and do the hard reset and when it reboot remove the battery for some time and again insert start the phone see if the problem with the phone is solved or not and do one more hard reset and after that reinstall the BlackBerry protect app you will notice it will be working now. Just post the result that you get I would like to know if its works or not

Quote Originally Posted by BansiJ View Post
    No I am positive that GPS issue is the cause of this trouble on your BlackBerry bold 9780 but I guess these two problems is cause by the same problem. did you see any problem with other third party apps when to run them what I like to suggest you is remove the BlackBerry protect from your phone and do the hard reset and when it reboot remove the battery for some time and again insert start the phone see if the problem with the phone is solved or not and do one more hard reset and after that reinstall the BlackBerry protect app you will notice it will be working now. Just post the result that you get I would like to know if its works or not
    GPS start to work now guess its problem with the network. I have already uninstall and reinstalled the BlackBerry Protect but just didn’t do the hard reset in between will try that too soon and post the result thanks for giving this solution cheers man …….

I think what the problem is .its occurs during the implementation of a program, that interrupt the usual run of the program's commands these will usually be show as java.lang.nullpointerexception or java.lang.illegalargument errors on the BlackBerry Smartphone

The additional cause for this kind of error is a restriction from the IT policy.

I am very thankful to you that you all been so supportive for solving this problem but all the solution is some how not working on my phone the first tiem when I used this app it worked fine I did the proper back up since then I am finding it hard to get it work .

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio1 View Post
    The additional cause for this kind of error is a restriction from the IT policy.
    This is my personal phone not my office phone on BIS so there is no IT policy involved on it

Even I had the same problem my backup fails when its about 98% done so I had some research on this issue and found out that that my backup was falling because of 2 blank message that my friend send me recently on 98% it was backing up those two text message so I deleted those to messages from my device and the backup was worked fine. So look for the blank text or something on you phone and if you cant find them just don’t backup the text and see id your backup works fine or not now

Not require to delete and reinstall, do a battery pull or update your OS. This is Simple fix.

It does seem reasonable another idea is to backup one section at a time this perhaps narrow it down and you can later figure out which part is actually casing the problem