Thread: Dell Inspiron N5110 temperature

Dell Inspiron N5110 temperature

I just bought a Inspiron N5110 along core i7 as my processor and 8GB of RAM and Geforce GT 525m. i just want to know that what are the general operating temperature for my laptop.what in idle mode ,fan speed, core got about 65 degree C and in entire loading the temperature goes to 90 degree C without using any kind of cooling pad.even i have inspiron 1520 which is having very temperature in idle it has about 60 and in full load it is about 90, GPU never comes above then 60 the fan get starts when the temperature goes around 60 where as the in my n5110 it. I also have an older inspiron 1520 and it's temperatures are lower, in idle 45-50, in full load, cores no more than 80, GPU no more than 70. The fan starts somewhere around 55-60 whereas with the n5110 it begin at over 60.so what i want to know is are these temperature are normal will they end up buring my laptop. or the dell n5110 laptop are designed to bear such kind of high temperature plesae help if anyone knows the details information ...???

Re: Dell Inspiron N5110 temperature

few day ago i installed sensors-applet programe on my Laptop HP Pavillion dv2710us, 2.0 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core TL-60 as CPU and my GPU is NVIDIA GeForce 7150M and it is showing me the CPU readings as 40 degrees C while booting up the laptop,GPU readings it is showing as 57 degrees C, even though i am using cooler pad and without the cooler pad it showing 60 degrees of CPU and about the GPU it is having very hot temperature ..

even i am having that temperature problem with my dells my n5110 laptop.along it the processor is i 5 and the video card is 525 version.normally the idle temperature is minimum as compare to what you have mentined.when i play games on it the issue spiral. many time i observed automatic turning off my system beacuse of overheating.apart from this thing when i observes temperature while running games GPU becomes much hot i can say upto 80, and CPU remins until 70.and at the time when shutdown of system occurs i did not observed the temperature it might increased upto 100C along with the cooling pads. i dont get any . what i want to know what about the upper side of the laptop sometime it also gets very hot as compare to the bottom. in case if you want to run with nvidia GPU, you must get nvidia utility from the internet for overclocking.

for a kind of information switchoff speedstep raises the temperature the reason is the techinque which decreases the clockspeed whenever it requires. in case of gaming i did not require the downclock the GT525m. the main stuff is that you just need to turn off the turbo boost whenever you want to utilize tasks through CPU intensive.i used to have over 90 degree and with this one i am getting below 80 degree C. the technique of overclockng 600MHz on entire four cores at the same time when all are utilizing as a result the CPU raises the output of the heat as far as my knowlege the cooling pads can only helps in additionally in this situations. the thing is all the entry level laptop system got the temperature issues when the entry level chassis is compared with the elevated end parts.

i am also having same n5110 but my processor is i7 and gt525 and the problem in my laptop is the left side gets even hot aswell, in case of running any game it get hotter like my laptop is about to burn. i think the main part is that the chipset processor below the palmrest as the reason they never gets cooled down good enough. as a result we remain ending until laptop get shut down. is anybody laptop get hotter upto 40 to 45 degree C while playing games.

the problem is so simple keep your laptop in Energy saving mode.keep dirt free your fan out in Over CPU and also the Hardrive parts should be Clean out. ensure that you are making use of Factory Cord Charge you Battery. and part from it the the main reason for laptops to get overheat is playing game or any thing keeping your laptop on your lap or on duvet or keeping it on sofa and it leads to the create resistance to the air that come out of the laptop from the bottom.