Thread: how to install wireless card on Dell XPS 15z (L511z)

how to install wireless card on Dell XPS 15z (L511z)

hi everyone I recently purchased a new Dell XPS 15z with the L511z. guys i am not able to install wireless card with my dell laptop please help me guys.and please explain me how should i connect it with router please exlain i am not able to use internet..??

Re: how to install wireless card on Dell XPS 15z (L511z)

even i bought the same Dell XPS 15z (L511z) not able to establish wireless internet. somebody told me to wait for the latest BIOS. or let see when the driver will be available on the dell downloads. even i have a intel package that i downloaded from the intel official website and it work nice.

follow this steps to install the wireless card
    • on the left side of the machine open the panel named as a PCMCIA
    • attach the card into it the empty slot the end of the card with the rolls of connection should go at the first.insert it properly as the marking side should face to upside.
    • dont put extra pressure on the card if it not getting inside. the card should be entirely inserted into the slot
    •Do not force the card into the slot. If it doesn't go in easily, then you have not inserted it correctly. and if the card is goes inside easilt then wait for few second you will see
    notification on the right side of the screen.
    •and load the basic PCMCIA drivers

I have bought four wireless routers i am able to connect to it.one of it connects and remains connected. rest of two I can examine both of them are good signal reception. i am trying to connect it but it redirected to the first one that has no issues it can only avail me the speed of 14 to 35 Mbps. and about my old laptop it gives more than 60 without having any kind of problem with the routers. i am not aware that wheather i have deleted any someting or not.

i was also facing the same issues with wireless (N6230) it gives me very poor performance. after doing some research i marked the powe that is the problem is with my Power Saver power and i thought the the problem is with power save polling. i just reset the power saver wireless Adapter Settings of the battery for the max performance.
    the issue got solved try it out :-
    •Control Panel > Power Options
    •Change Plan Settings >Change Advanced Power Settings
    •Wireless Adapter Settings > Power Saving Mode
    •On Battery/Plugged In > Maximum Performance

I also have the similar kind of problem with WiFi connections with the 15z.let i have dual two wifi AP at my room. i have i pad and phone both works with the wifi. i am getting good signals from everycorner of my home. but the laptop only works with in the some corner so basically it is clear that the problem is with the wifi card only or might be with the driver. i checked with the new driver also. the first thing is that the wifi is detection is low it took few addional seconds before connecting to the network and one more thing is that is the reception signals are very good enough to give signals at every corners.

I guess I thought that the problem is with my Netgear Router and i even had with other different laptops
    try this out
    • start>run >cmd
    •ping -t 192.168.1.1(swape the ip address to be the same as your router.. its probably 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.100.1)
    • wait for few minutes
    •you can see "Request timed out" text i tried with 50 ping on the first laptop
    but with another i seen every 10.