Thread: iPhone 4 GSM, after expiration of Dev Account, unable to downgrade to iOS5 Beta 4

iPhone 4 GSM, after expiration of Dev Account, unable to downgrade to iOS5 Beta 4

Currently I am using iOS 5 Beta on my iPhone 4 GSM. But now I am not able to downgrade it to iOS 4 Beta. Last summer I enrolled in iDev program and signed up to be an iOS developer. And after that, in the earlier period of this summer I downloaded iOS 5 Beta. But, as now my developer account is expired from last few weeks and I am no longer a developer, I got to know that I am not able to downgrade my iPhone again to 4.3.3. And today a message appeared that was saying that one of the software on my iPhone "Gabe's iPhone" has been expired and it should be updated to a newer version. Now, I don’t know how to overcome this issue. I am not able to use my iPhone as I am stuck at the activation screen only. If anyone has any idea about how to fix this then please reply with a solution.

Re: iPhone 4 GSM, after expiration of Dev Account, unable to downgrade to iOS5 Beta 4

I think, in order to overcome this issue and to be able to use your iPhone for now, you should re-enroll as a developer. After that you will be able to use your iPhone properly again as you were using it before.

Re: iPhone 4 GSM, after expiration of Dev Account, unable to downgrade to iOS5 Beta 4

I am at the same situation. I was also an iOS developer, but now my dev account is expired and I am no longer interested in an iOS developer so I am not going to pay and re-enroll as a developer. Now I am having the same message displayed on my iPhone as on your iPhone and I am able to neither upgrade nor downgrade to my previous version and hence I am just having a bricked iPhone. I can’t understand why I am not able to upgrade or even downgrade. If anyone has any solution for this, then please reply.

According to what the message is saying it is clear that your software is expired now and hence, it is for sure that you have to update the software, if you want to use your iPhone again.

According to me it is strongly recommended not to download beta version on the iPhone if you are using it for your personal and daily communications, And before installing beta version you must have been agreed on that you will use it on a device which is to completely dedicated for development purpose and you will not download it on a device that is for your personal use, . So, you should not have installed beta version on your iPhone. For now there is no other way other than paying to update the expired software.