Thread: Does iPhone 4 needs to be connected permanently to internet

Does iPhone 4 needs to be connected permanently to internet

I'm engaged to the Virgin, but want an iPhone and have said they will have to change to another provider; it will not be able to put my current sim in iPhone 4 directly to work properly! I am an excellent business deal with Virgin and do not want to pay for a new contract.

Re: Does iPhone 4 needs to be connected permanently to internet

IPhone requires a data packet from authorized retailers. It depends on where (which do not provide in their profile) as to who are the authorized dealers in your country / area. In the United States, authorized providers of AT & T and Verizon. Both require data plan with your phone.

I do not know who the authorized dealers, but I live in UK.

I think there are few suppliers in the UK. I know of O2 and Orange. Perhaps another member of the UK can chime in here and let you know about the others. You should ask about switching carriers, but as far as I know they need a data plan as well.

I had a similar trouble in the afternoon. I've been using my phone since I came to 7.11 without any troubles. Today when I woke up the phone to verify my junk mail. The 3G icon is gone. I had signal power, but no icon. I twisted off 3G and should have reverted to EDGE. The signal goes to zero, I've seen previous to when it changes again, but when he turned away, or no icon E. I was in a place that definitely has 3G and EDGE coverage, I have been using the phone all week, and fast data had been used earlier in the day. Off and on the phone, and when he returned the 3G icon back. It was as if the function of the data in the phone closed completely for some reason. Not a good sign.

I know some people say you have to power cycle the phone periodically to re-register on the network, but I do not think so. Almost never had to do that with my original iPhone or any other phones I've used in the AT & T / Cingular’s before. They were always and never had problems.