Thread: Looking for some mods for Acer Aspire TimelineX 3820TG

Looking for some mods for Acer Aspire TimelineX 3820TG

From where should I download the latest graphic driver for my Acer Aspire TimelineX 3820TG?? and how to update the graphic driver?? In which manner are the drivers installed? And how is the thermal management of 3820TG

Re: Looking for some mods for Acer Aspire TimelineX 3820TG

Just try to download the graphics drivers that you need from the “Acer support page” instead of downloading it from Intel/AMD, as the acer graphics drivers are customized for the purpose of implementation of switchable graphics so while installing the graphics drivers it is very important to keep in mind that the BIOS has been set to the switchable graphics mode.

The drivers are installed in the following order:
    1. First the Intel HD Graphics.
    2. AMD Catalyst Control Center second but Installing it in any other order result the switchable graphics to perform incorrectly.

Acer is not capable of updating their graphics drivers as fast as we would be expexting. If you are not willing to utilize the switchable graphics implementation mode then just set the BIOS to Discrete Graphics mode and then simply install the latest required driver from the AMD's website. Downloading the latest drivers can increase the performance in some games and applications.Disabling the graphics switching functionality also results in increasing the performance. Sometimes.

The Acer Aspire TimelineX 3820TG comes with a nice thermal management it has 2 fansink from which one is used for cooling the CPU and other is used for cooling the chipset and the GPU. It uses some kind of thermal paste for the CPU fansink.Generally the temperatures for an i5-450m reaches max to 85-88°C when it is measured with the HWMonitor during gaming.the temperature may vary in different units due to their manufacturing differences. A temperature of 88°C does results in warming a notebook CPU but for i5-450m it is 105°C due to it’s Thermal design. the CPU fansink vents hot air to the left. These thermal pads are used for the sake of the chipset and for GPU and VRAM.Generally the temperature of the GPU never cross 72°C but the GPU fansink vents the hot air to the right which results in the sweating of hand for the right handlers in tropical climate as they usually place their mouse at that place.