Thread: Acer Aspire 5740G Switchable Graphics Bios Hack

Acer Aspire 5740G Switchable Graphics Bios Hack

My Acer Aspire 5740Gnotebook was broadcasted to have Switchable Graphics (ATI Mobility Radeon 5xxx & Intel Core i3/i5 Integrated Graphics). Unfortunately there were perhaps some issues with drivers earlier to discharge the journal, so Acer has debilitated this specialty by product (BIOS) (downloads said it a significant number of times). I've been attempting to prepare the backing Switchable Graphics, but without accomplishment yet. So please encourage me to do so.

Re: Acer Aspire 5740G Switchable Graphics Bios Hack

Just follow the below suggestion as I recommend.
    • Download this document holding WINCRIS utility and Aspire 5740G BIOS v1.22 Insert your USB glimmer drive
    • Run WINCRIS.EXE (in Vista and 7 you will require "Run as Administrator")
    • Select your drive and leave alternate choices on default
    • Press "Start" (will overwrite all information on chose drive!!!)
    • When the above steps perform the underneath:
    • Turn record book off
    • Press and keep keys: Fn + ESC
    • Turn record book on
    • Discharge the keys (approx. 10 seconds following powering up)
    • Sit tight for until glimmering course of action finishes
    • It need to take approx. 5 moments and every last trace of the time screen need to be dark.
    • Following it mechanically reboots (if not, CRISIS DISK is without a doubt not fabricate effectively or your glimmer drive is somehow not upheld).

Hey, I found a strategy to open the BIOS-File with Phoenix BIOS Editor. I just peruse his post in the Phoenix Bios Modding Request Thread. It's an introducing how to open a BIOS record from a PackardBell Notebook, but this note pad has the same bios similar to the 5740G. I attempted it and it works, but I have no clue how to utilize PBE.

Might be I would be able to help: It is first BIOS. I haven't changed it yet in light of the fact that these BIOS have same situation as Aspire 5740G have; PBE cannot open the BIOS picture without failure. The Intel menu is there the entire time. It is stowed away from closure-user. I am able to unhide it but I'm not certain if PBE can re-manufacture the BIOS picture successfully (importance without bricking your note pad). I was determined to alter it, actually take a step back to do exploration about it a tiny bit.

I think you might as well check out the beneath steps. I am confident this will encourage you to realize your objective.
    Download the BIOS representation from (packard ringer) Acer online content
    Separate it & run over to DOS envelope
    Open the JV50122.WPH index with HEX editorial manager
    Split JV50122.WPH to three part:-
    • - 1st 200000 length: 000000 - 1FFFFF: save it as JV50122_1.ROM
    • - 2nd 200000 length: 200000 - 3FFFFF: save it as JV50122_2.ROM
    • - 3rd: 400000 - end: save it as JV50122_3.ROM

Open JV50122_2.ROM with PBE. At the first attempt, you will get "ROMEXEC not available!" Try opening it again, PBE should be able to open it."

I used HxD as HexEditor and PBE 2.2.13 beta. I got some messages that some modules were not found, I clicked yes to continue.

You need to have attempted empowering the extraneous PCI express root port under “PCH control Sub-Menu”. Since you haven't attempted around with it, would you be able to attempt empowering the added PCI express root port? I we're lucky, it might prepare the Intel HD Graphics which could interface to one of the debilitated PCI express root port. Kindly let us know the outcomes.

The Packard Bell Easynote TJ-75 BIOS and the 5740G BIOS are the same with diverse brandings. I'm running the most recent 5740 BIOS on my TJ-75. The PB bios unfailingly turn out when the Acer bios, but this time PB has discharged form 1.26.

I recollect when I first got this laptop, before I got the Bluetooth module I could have issues with a lapse when leaving standby, and the picture clicker wouldn't work. I haven't had that in consideration of disposing of the dongle. I doubt that would be the issue they're pointing to by "USB ports not working following standby".
    I'm not sure I'd would like to streak BIOS of a better PC tho unless I was sure it was the same. An appropriate minor divergence can end up a huge concern. I don't have the 5740G, simply the normal model. Is there anything else of investment in the Intel menu?

The IGP is prepared in the non-G forms (after they don't have the auxiliary ATI design card), probably we might as well in addition investigate their BIOS if they are comparative enough to see how its empowered.

It's the same BIOS for G and non-G models-it combines both VBIOSes and its precisely the same bundle so there's nothing to pose as a viable rival.

The BIOS from 5820T is too much special from the 5740G's BIOS. I imagine that the closest one to 5740G is 7745G.
    I've at present attempted to investigate these several (5740G and 7745G) and it looks prefer 95% of modules are the same and just few lost (on both sides).
    The situation is that you lack the capacity to essentially duplicate modules from one BIOS to an alternate one.
    One should face the code (constructing agent) and edit it to an additional module.
    It's greatly prolonged work.
    I still trust that basically the 5740G BIOS is made to underpin Switchable Graphics (or anyhow Intel illustrations apart from everyone else), so we would be able to get it go with less enterprise than improving (porting) a few modules.