Thread: Iphone backup stuck, how to fix without restore?

Iphone backup stuck, how to fix without restore?

Hi, I am using Iphone since few months, and I used to backup all the data which I normally used and store in the mobile, but the thing is like when I was doing the same thing last night I was not able to do that as the process just stuck in between somewhere.

I don’t know what could be the reason even but still I thought that I would surely get some answer from the internet but when I see almost all the technical sites I got the same answer as I must have to restore the phone to its factory default. but still I was thinking that is there anyway though which we can do it without restoring it?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

re: Iphone backup stuck, how to fix without restore?

Have you ever tried the same thing ever before? If not then let me tell you as you should try to do that again as it might be possible that there could be some problem that were happening at that time. And by the way from where you are about to take backup?

I mean to say are you trying to take backup in your machine or on the internet? Because see if you have tried only to the internet then you should try to take backup to your PC and then see what happens because I used to do the same thing and it went perfectly without any hesitation.

See sometimes it happens while syncing the content through the Iphone to the machine thus according to me you should try to Reset synch history. You can have option as to delete all the previously stored files in your computer.

And apart from this you should try to delete all the Log files as well from the machine.

I am agree with the above user as you should delete that but along with that you should delete all the previous backups as well that you have made, because it might be possible that there could be some problem with those files as some times it just didn’t make the backup files if the same files exist in the same directory with the same name.

I was also having the same problem while taking backup of the data and after a huge effort I came to know that there is some problem with the ITune version that I am using in my machine.

And as the extent to I know there are too many problems with the newer version thus I would like to suggest you that if you are using any such version that, you should either try to reinstall the same version again in your machine and see what happens. And if suppose you haven’t got the same problem then its well and good or else my recommendation is to use another version of ITunes and then backup all your data to your phone.

it also might be possible that there could be some problem with the antivirus software that you must have installed in your machine or in the phone as well and if so then let me tell you as this might also be the reason for having this problem in the machine. thus I would like to suggest you that you should try to disable those software before doing this. or else just allow the process for time being and I am sure as you’ll be able to proceed for sure.

Hey thanks for the suggestion and I have tried all the things that you have mentioned but still I am having the same problem.

I have deleted all the LOG’s, History, sync logs, created new profile but still having the same problem.

See when we try to take back up of the data there are different types of data which is been considered in the backup, such as message, contacts, internal memory content and SD card content, settings, etc.

And sometimes this are the only things that make such a problem as you can try to eliminate some of the options as you can make back up of the message, contacts and settings and avoid the option for internal memory content and SD card content, and then try to do the same thing. Hope this may help you.

I have tried this and it was perfectly working and this sometimes happens because of the heavy load of the SD card.

If suppose you are still having the same problem with taking backup then I would like to suggest you that you must have to restore the phone to the factory default setting because there isnt any such other option.

Re: Iphone backup stuck, how to fix without restore?

it might be possible that there could be some problem with the firmware that is been installed in the mobile, as once I was also having the same problem but I didn’t get any such appropriate answer that could help me. And when I went to the apple store they were also pretending lame at that moment.

And in fact you can have option to make factory reset but when I did that it was not helpful at all and after reinstalling the newer firmware in the mobile, all the things were going perfectly.