Thread: IPhone -Data drain during midnight in o2 Service

IPhone -Data drain during midnight in o2 Service

I know that makes 02 compact their "unrestricted" data allocation to 500 MB. This never caused me anxiety since I never actually used data, spaced out when I was at home via Wi-Fi. Lately, on the other hand, I received a text communication saying it was 85% from side to side my allowance of 500 MB. I thought this a bit bizarre; even though reimburse an extra £ 8 for 500 MB more to cover the rest of the month.

Now, tonight, inquisitive about what he had done in a different way to build a large use of my data allowance, I checked my account. It seems that every night, more often than not around midnight, I have immense use of data. Now, before I had imagined that the use of data accumulated throughout the day was accessible to 02 in a large part. Even though, on the august 26 used 380MB of my data allowance of 500MB, and the next day using a 150MB more!

I could not comprehend where this came from, I do not live, watch TV or the radio via 3G. I did not even do that via Wi-Fi! I do not download anything via 3G. While I'm at work and at home .at the same time as I'm on a Wi-Fi. The data allocation is one that could use a quick way to facebook for 3 minutes before going to work one morning. Anybody who can help me to overcome this issue.

Re: IPhone -Data drain during midnight in o2 Service

I can only add my voice to the complaint. No solutions I'm afraid. I had an iPhone 4 from 9 months. I have never come close to the allocation of 500 GB in a month - usually is 300 GB.And last week I had this data leak midnight for several days at all. The phone was on Wi-Fi and I was not using. I have 10 days of my cycle and I have always had email within 15 minutes of scanning. Push me in mind, only vacant to run background applications every week and still had only 350 GB on average usage in a month.

I asked the security department of 02 twice, and just do not care, I'm not sure what else to do. I'm pretty sure it's a billing error on your part - I cannot prove and have worsened the situation by suggesting that somebody has compromised my account and then we have not even investigated. I have not had deceptive activity which makes me even more optimistic is a billing error! Perceptibly there are several people in the same situation. I think you will need to obtain surveillance in the case.

I'm not sure that it is a billing error. I think there is a fault somewhere that is that the iPhone data call or a trouble that makes the server thinks it is the O2 data processing. The strangeness is compounded by the fact that lots of of us had the phone turned off or Wi-Fi when these happened.

I have it. But I have unlimited data to obtain the contract two days before the coup limit of 500 MB. I know, I just want to be hated.

I just saw someone in another forum is having the same problem with O2 and IPAD.It cannot be a problem of iPhone believe that is a failure of O2.But they will do something about it?

There is no explanation. My battery was dead this morning, but judging by the applications, which could only have been e-mail, calendar, camera, or maybe facebook running in the background. Have been implementing Euro sport is streaming in the background but is not expected to do that.

A very revealing comment I found on the Internet is that the iPhone
    switches off Wi-Fi when in sleep mode. So as soon as you have your Lock Screen above, you are on 3G, even if you are in the range of wifi. That has to be important to consider. However, it still seems very suspicious. Not particularly useful when it was confirmed that even obtains data - only gradually - over the next days of my journalistic billing

One said it was 80% close to my limit of 20 minutes later saying that he had reached? I was on wifi at that moment, my phone was not in use and fun yet been touched or stimulated most of the day? Call o2 this morning and they're compiling a list of all my data usage and get back to me in the week, good to see I’m not the only one which is planned.

Personally I suspect this is something strange with the phone instead of o2. The battery is held this morning suggesting that the phone was busy doing something while I thought I was off. Therefore, I think it is more likely to bother anything in the phone and send or receive data loads.

Well, now that I think of it I do not think nothing was running but I have direct access to a live broadcast of the NASA space station, although I think it was not working could be the cause. We'll observe when I send my statistics, if this is the case means that the application can listen while it is closed and uses 3G, while in sleep mode instead of wifi.

A similar appraisal of data in my application and never, never responds. Three months later and still be bored with excuses, although cannot explain the utilization of data. I went and in person would by no means use O2 again!