Thread: Which is better: HP TouchSmart TM2 or MacBook Air?

Which is better: HP TouchSmart TM2 or MacBook Air?

I am thinking of buying a new laptop but cannot decide between these two products: HP TouchSmart TM2 and Apple’s MacBook Air. I have a slight leaning towards Apple products so might consider it, but still need your opinion about it. I am a high-school student and money would be a consideration. So please any of the two laptop users can compare it I will be glad.

Re: Which is better: HP TouchSmart TM2 or MacBook Air?

I think both of them are just about the same price with Apple a little on the upper side. But, it’s the performance you should consider. HP TM2 is 1.33Ghz Intel processor with 512 ATI 4550 card and DDR3 RAM of 4GB. The battery life is around 7 Hours whereas MacBook Air has 1.4Ghz Intel CD2 processor with Nvidia 320m 256 Mb card and a 2GB DDR3 Ram, it’s battery life is slightly less. So, considering all these I would say MacBook air will give you a good performance PC if you are interested in playing games or watching multimedia rather than HP. The HP processor is too weak to be usefull for long as a personal experience speaking, go for MacBook for your needs. Hope I have helped.

I like the HP, as it has large battery life of 7Hrs. Also, HP is touchscreen enabled so that’s an added advantage. Also, Mac only has a shared memory onboard graphics card, where as the HP has a dedicated 4550 with 512MB so the memory requirement will be good on the HP rather than Mac. Also, I trust HP has good service support whereas Mac has just 2 years support, and after that you just are on your own. So I would prefer HP rather than Apple.

Judging by this I would go with Mac as I heard Hp’s touchpad is really a pain. By the way the most important thing I wanna ask is what is the difference between the built quality of the laptop? Which one’s tougher and durable?

Macbook has a unibody aluminium construction but the 2011 version, the earlier one is made up of plastic. But the plastic’s not like the earlier ones, I never heard of any crack cases of the MacBook. Also, Mac’s SSD is the next big thing. But the problem with both the laptops is you cannot upgrade the RAMs. I would suggest Sony Viao which is almost the same but is upgradaeble also. That really is advantageous if you feel lack of speed to your problem. If you want touchscreen go for HP, though touchscreen is bad or else just forget about HP for now.