Thread: Downloading Bigger Application in IPhone 4 without wifi

Downloading Bigger Application in IPhone 4 without wifi

When you download applications from my IPhone 4 me say I have to activate Wi-Fi to download. Is there an option somewhere to tell the phone to always use 3G instead, so no need to activate wireless every time I download? I think this only applies to large applications, last I tried was + 30mb.

Re: Downloading Bigger Application in IPhone 4 without wifi

No. But you can download the applications on your computer and then sync the phone during the regular backup and synchronization.

Cannot download applications that exceed value of 20 MB. On the other hand, you can buy and download the application commencing from iTunes on your laptop then transfer. The reason you cannot download applications 20 MB of 3G for the cause that AT & T data plan does not. You can only send and accept certain amount of data before AT & T decided to raise their own.

It has nothing to do with AT & T data plan. It is worldwide. In Canada we have the same restriction. This is created by Apple. You can be the bearers of the world wanted some limits, to avoid network congestion, possibly too. It is not just something for AT & T. Even AT & T unlimited data had not had the same restriction. So saying a plan has to do with it is totally wrong.

The restriction has nothing to do with Apple. This is a restriction of cellular company so that the world is more or less in width. So, whether you are with AT & T in the U.S. or Vodafone in the UK is still limited to the discharge limits of 20 MB. The mobile infrastructure for GSM, EDGE or GPRS is just not able to cope with masses of people asking for large downloads - hence the restriction.

For the restriction of Apple must configure it. You can be what the companies wanted. But despite rate plan with or without limit is still there. My point was that it has nothing to do with the rate plan itself.

It deals with carriers who do not want to hog the bandwidth so it came up with a "standard" limit.

I do not agree with all this gibberish. I'm using a 3G connection (GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA, call it what you want) on my laptop and PC, which is to say that the networks are referring to. With this I will be able to download what you desire unrestricted size. I believe this is a standard created by Apple and should be given the option to download via 3G or use your Wi-Fi.

I managed to get all the download limit of 20 MB of '3 G 'the other day.I had my (Wi-Fi) iPhone connected to my iPhone via the hotspot Personal (PH). Then "accidentally" download an application that is 200 MB +, ie 10 times the limit of 20 MB. I was expecting the standard notification limit of 40 MB.

I am suffering the same problem. What, s the point in a 2GB plan if you cannot download anything bigger than 20 Meg? As said I could download countless files safely and easily 18Meg exceed the 88 Meg I am currently trying to achieve and sort to use my house phone connection USB dongle (and therefore with a load of his allocation. This cannot be a thing of the network it would not be able to download via 3G adapters - and I did.

No, that's crap, say why, when I put my 3G SIM to the pocket of my wifi, then it works, it is a restriction imposed by the IOS, which is based on an agreement Verizon’s, this is the mentality complete idiot, a provider of services dictates a standard throughout the world is not relevant in world .who have unlimited bandwidth on 3G will have to suffer this limitation third world.