Thread: Unintentionally Purchased Tap zoo for $1500 from iTunes

Unintentionally Purchased Tap zoo for $1500 from iTunes

My cousin played some games on my girlfriend iPhone and somehow buy Zoo Tap (must be pre-registered). In this game, players can buy gold coins buy I understand animals. My cousin, who is 8 years old proceeded to buy $ 1500 the value of gold coins contained by the application, He purchased without any need of password and this game was developed for children’s.

I checked the developer's website and appear to have acknowledged they have done things wrong and have supported people to seek reimbursement. We have emailed iTunes support more than 90 hours and no response. Can anyone advocate what we can do for the reason, it is a lot of money and credit card has been disregarded due to the bank thinking it was a suspicious purchase. Anybody who can help me to overcome this issue

Re: Unintentionally Purchased Tap zoo for $1500 from iTunes

You need to go to setting from there go to restrictions –Disable the application purchase.

The luckier I get a response from support through the iTunes link Report was the problem. Store .My Account -> Purchase History .Report a problem. That was immediately acknowledged, and a acceptable answer within 24 hours. I do not be acquainted with the application at all, although the idea of Apple allowing over $ 1,500 on the purchase of the application of a game it seems that disagree with severe development guidelines.

With games, you can buy everything you want in the application. Apple does not put a cap on the amount to invest, but they give you the tools necessary to turn the application on purchases for their children cannot buy things. Zoo spend so much on Tap, the boy was unsubstantiated for a while Here’s the breakdown of the probable purchase of application Tap Zoo:
    • Bottle coins $ 9.99
    • Jar Star $ 19.99
    • Pouch coins $ 1.99
    • 5A Stars $ 4.99
    • Can coins $ 4.99
    • Pouch Star $ 1.99
    • A-Star Bottle $ 9.99
    • Jar coins $ 19.99
    • Star 1 vial $ 0.99
    • Vial coins $ 0.99

Well something is absolutely suspicious. Even taking into account from USD vs. AUD in application itself is only 14 days. There is no possible way to run up a $ 1500 tab in that short time. Either the limit of $ 20 per day is not being met or something else is happening that we do not realize.

The maximum in the application of purchase is much higher. We have had ONE charge under the purchase ("The Curse of the Stars") by the amount of $ 159.90 + tax. The difficulty is that neither we nor our children eternally made the purchase from iTunes. That gave access to password. And to make matters worse, the purchase was a double burden on the credit card.

Unauthorized Charges aside, why is child's play do even allow $ 180 in purchases-app in the first place?

We had a similar experience - my six year old son bought a 'chest of stars "for $ 179.99 .so that it is possible to accumulate a lot faster. We take responsibility and do not read the fine print properly (i.e. the description of the game that makes note that you can buy virtual items for real money and you should disable this), however I am angry because my daughter was not motivated by my iTunes password (my experience with all other applications),

I had a similar occurrence when my son brought something for $ 10. Certainly not as bad as these other claims, but nonetheless.

Do you know if you read the manual, will be capable to turned off on purchases of the application so that your child is not spending money?

My experience is not like some of the others, but I had a similar problem with an app called Tap City is charged $ 9. I just reported a difficulty via iTunes Store and within 24 hours had reimbursed expenses from Apple and a nice link to disable the shopping-app on the iPhone I have now enabled.

I have to admit that some of the free applications seem to favor a less than ideal performance when it comes to shopping; I mean that the age of 18 years even download and play amazing like Town Tap, which is aimed at children and interpreted by children as if they know whether or not they are acquiring information.

This game has a feature that allows you to buy a "trunk exchange" for $ 99.99. Seriously, $ 90.99 for a single feature. My son bought this game because it was free, and then bought a boat load of features and ended with $ 270 on my card in less than 4 minutes, with two transactions for $ 90.99 each, a "trunk exchange ". Look in the application. It's there. This concept of "in-app-purchase" to be thrown away. Most people do not know they have to do that in order to prevent such charges. Apple should not allow these applications to even get away with this total BS. It feels like an excuse for me, the prayer of the children who do not know the difference, then, blame the parents for not paying attention to something that did not even know you had to pay attention.