Thread: Input /Output error while using SanDisk USB Flash Drive

Input /Output error while using SanDisk USB Flash Drive

In recent times I purchased a SanDisk Cruzer Micro 1GB flash drive but it avoids to work on my PC. Windows XP detects it just very well and U3 software loads up. When I try to copy a file the system hangs. The light goes off from the device and when I removed it from the computer the Screen goes blank. Following some seconds my desktop comes now since it would behind a usual XP crash. When I tried the same flash driver on different computer it worked fine. Freshly, I've been receiving an error while I attempt to transfer files telling "The request might not be processed as of an I/O device error." On the other hand, I am capable to transfer files that are lesser than 1 MB. Is there anything?

Re: Input /Output error while using SanDisk USB Flash Drive

The stick can be, other than as described by some reviewers, very well formatted with NTFS. Just not "per click". The following method is certainly not for the "everyman" that must be blamed SanDisk already. Only Lizzie would not necessarily require NTFS. So, how goes it? Easy times on the command line of XP
    Code:
     format X: / FS: NTFS
    Enter (X: replace with the correct drive letter of the sticks). Then he sang and formatted either a whimper. Or is it an error message that tells you exactly what you have to click on, before it goes. Do that, and repeat the format command. Why? The stick is optimized in its default setting in the system "for rapid ejection," which is not fit to NTFS, which wants the setting for "fast write speed." The way that integrates the Windows key, you can change there as shown by a few clicks.

The error could also indicate the imminent death of the volumes, but at the same time two on me this seems rather unlikely.

Input / output error sounds like a file system error. If you still can identify the areas in which the file system are the files, you might consider using 'dd' a copy, but then where are missing any parts of the file or damaged. But first they would be readable again. Alternatively, you draw an image of the whole stick, mount the loopback device and copy the files out of there. Even then it can possibly damaged, but at least give readable files, which may then etc. using OpenOffice repaired.

On the stick itself is a little fault, the speed is perfectly fine, but I have the U3 software, or their removal, causes problems and therefore I had to send back the stick. Since the new drive as though no problems occurred, this was probably an isolated case. However, the stick is not nearly as nice as it looks in the picture. The housing is made of very thin, cheap plastic and rattles. That's why I'd rather have resorted to the Cruzer Titanium, which may be a few Euros more expensive, but has a robust and better-crafted case. But anyone who puts little value on the outside and just look at the actual performance, can access it without hesitation.

The error is rather strange, apparently the partition is defined otherwise do not appear in resources, it seems a problem of formatting or file system. Again with the practice as if it was new: Control Panel > Administrator tools >managing disks. see if the partition key is usually recognized, or rather, delete it and create it again, after that the format it (FAT32 compatible with several OS) and give it a name, copy and delete some files for a few days to see if the fault does not repeat itself, if you can have an internal problem and be insecure, so useless.

I do not think that partition is gone, but has made a big mess with some files uploaded and not well addressed logically, that is there but no longer knows where it goes haywire; it can happen if there is a false contact in USB port, which also provides the power.