Thread: iPhone 3GS gives iTunes error 1601 with black screens

iPhone 3GS gives iTunes error 1601 with black screens

I don’t know whether I did right or wrong I have bought an iPhone 3GS 16GB from eBay. It was sold faulty and considering I will have to fix it when I plug it in to iTunes the phone display is turned black and its seemed to be flashed on and switch off continuously but when it turn on still the black display I was able to put the iPhone on DFU mode to restore the iTunes but the ITunes gives error of 1601 when trying to prepare the iPhone for restore. I also notice when I plug my iPhone on the wall charger its boot ok without any black screen. Shows everything like logo and then USB to iTunes logo appears but once i disconnect the iPhone it powers off and is blank does any one have any idea to solve this

Re: iPhone 3GS gives iTunes error 1601 with black screens

You should not had brought it never the less I suggest you should try to reinstall the iTunes again may this will remove the error 1601 and you can do whatever you wanted to do

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois View Post
    You should not had brought it never the less I suggest you should try to reinstall the iTunes again may this will remove the error 1601 and you can do whatever you wanted to do
    I already tried to reinstalling the latest iTunes but that did not help me any bit I am still facing the same problem as earlier so I need some better spoliation

Your problem is nothing to do with 1601 error and include hacking method for Jailbroken Phone so that you can restore with the new custom firmware you created

And for fixing the 1601 problem
    • Uninstall the iTunes on your iPhone and then again reinstall the latest version of iTunes and if still don’t resolve the problem then
    • Make sure correct USB isolation troubleshooting has been carry out, and test with a known-good cable
    • This error may be solve by stop, deactivating, or uninstalling third-party safety, antivirus, and firewall software.

Hopes this may solve the problem