Thread: Not able to activate first gen in iPhone

Not able to activate first gen in iPhone

Believe it or not, even the type of AT & T is perplexed in this case. I have an original first generation iPhone. Never been used. I use it as iTouch (no phone service). It has to be activated in the first place to be disabled so that the characteristics of iTouch.AT & T says iPhone original networks are no longer supported, so the iTunes activation is impossible. In another post, someone said that using someone else's car has already been activated SIM is a bad idea because the phone is "married" to the SIM card, but do not know what that means.

Both AT & T technical support and the guys at the local AT & T store said that there is nothing they can do. I refuse to believe I have a new iPhone to pull. Anyone knows how to turn this thing, so you can make use of it as iPod Touch?

Re: Not able to activate first gen in iPhone

It is accurate that the original iPhone can be activated in iTunes. To activate the iPhone, you necessitate an applicable SIM card, however.

Re: Not able to activate first gen in iPhone

Using a SIM card from another phone that will not marry the SIM to the phone. It would be a good idea, however, if possible, use a SIM card from one existing iPhone, iPhone 3G or 3G. The activation process should be able to go through fine, but if the existing SIM is more than an iPhone, the owner of May to find your plan changed so that they do not want data plan, so I do not know this was going to happen, because they have not gone through the self-activation process since 2007, I also suspect that, although it should be possible to activate AT & T original iPhone, the activation servers do that served the original no longer be alive. I know it's not done well, but especially since then has been activated in the store either Apple or AT & T. Personally, I liked the trigger yourself, but someone decided that created too many headaches.