Thread: itunes freezes when I connect iphone to computer

itunes freezes when I connect iphone to computer

I am using iphone 4 from few days. My phone is working fine but it isn’t since 2 days. Whenever I connect my iphone to the pc, itunes freezes but don’t get crashed. When I unplug the iphone from the computer, itunes starts working again. I have done many things to solve this issue. I have uninstalled and have reinstalled the itunes completely but nothing happened. I have also tried deleting all media files from library but nothing happened. My phone actually connects very well with my macbook. Let me tell you that issue just arised after I was importing mp3 from amazon. I am not sure but because everything worked fine for first 6 months. I am using windows 7 operating system. I have many times plugged and un-plugged the iphone but nothing has happened. The problem appeared back again. I don’t know what to do now. Can anybody help me to resolve the issue? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: itunes freezes when I connect iphone to computer

As you have mentioned that you are using windows 7 operating system, I would suggest you to log in as new user and then try to connect the iphone. I hope the itunes doesn’t freeze. Also try to disable all non-iPhone services and startup items per apple's support site. If all these also don’t resolve the issue then I would suggest you to try new cables or new usb ports. It could be that either your usb cable is faulty or the usb port in which you are plugging your iphone.

Try to restore the ios software and delete all file settings from your iphone. I hope this will work.

I assume that you are having windows 7 (64 bit). There have been issues with the 64 bit. I would suggest you to install the fresh copy of windows 7 and of 32 bit. If this doesn’t resolve the issue then contacting the apple guys would be very necessary and helpful. You cannot take much risk with your iphone.

Try to update your iphone version. Downgrading or upgrading certainly should help. Make sure that you have installed proper drivers and usb drivers in your computer. It could be that because of this the itunes is crashing. You can download the drivers from the internet and get it installed via usb. Hope you are able to do that.

I think you must un-install all itunes related applications before you try to re0install the itunes. There could be few applications like these:
    • itunesBonjour
    • Quicktime
    • Apple Software Update
    • Apple Mobile Device Support
    • Apple Application Support
    If this doesn’t work then you must try to install windows xp operating system. Or else try with mac system only.

It could be possible that you must be running any antivirus application in your windows 7 system. I would suggest you to check the settings of the antivirus applications. it is quite possible that the antivirus setting made is blocking the iphone from connecting or getting the itunes freeze.i would wish you all the best and i hope you get your issue resolved soon.