Thread: Installing windows mobile 6.5 in HTC HD 7

Installing windows mobile 6.5 in HTC HD 7

One of my friend is having the htc hd 7 phone and now he wants to change his os and wants to go back to the windows phone 6.5. right now the OS is windows phone 7. Since he did not like that os at all. so what I want is that you tell me the necessary steps by which I will be able to make it move from windows phone 7 to windows phone 6.5. well he had approached me for the help but even I did not hae any much idea for the same and hence I am askig yo9u people about the same. so tell me the necessary steps by which I will be able to get abck to the windows mobile 6.5? suggest me something.

Re: Installing windows mobile 6.5 in HTC HD 7

Is that possible I really don’t think so that will be possible at all. so do not expect that it will be possible at all, so that’s what I want to say here. never heard of downgrading in windows phone and hence my answer is like that. So do look out for the same and let me know if the downgrading is possible or not.

I don’t think so it will be possible at all since windows mobile 6.5 is a completely different platform and while windows phone 7 is a different platform and hence you cannot expect both of them to be collaborating with each other, so that’s what I want to say here. windows phone 7 and windows mobile 6.5 are different versions and also developed in a different platform, so how can you downgrade from there you only tell me about it. I think so that’s a basic idea and you don’t need much brains to think over it. so next better think what kind of question are you asking here, is that clear?

Quote Originally Posted by ProBaal View Post
    One of my friend is having the htc hd 7 phone and now he wants to change his os and wants to go back to the windows phone 6.5. right now the OS is windows phone 7. Since he did not like that os at all. so what I want is that you tell me the necessary steps by which I will be able to make it move from windows phone 7 to windows phone 6.5. well he had approached me for the help but even I did not hae any much idea for the same and hence I am askig yo9u people about the same. so tell me the necessary steps by which I will be able to get abck to the windows mobile 6.5? suggest me something.
    You know what when had got the windows phone 7 here the one thing that had come in my mind is that how well it will be performing. On the initial weeks I was going through all its limitations and when the weeks passed by I was impressed with the performance since it is stable and not like windows mobile 6.5. I liked windows phone 7 because it had some good web performances, lots of applications support and also stability of the main thing that I quite liked in the phone. so that’s why I am looking forward for the mango update which will help me get through all the limitations that I had in the windows phone 7. So my advise for you is to not change your decision and instead stick to whatever you are having right now. So that’s what you need to do.

You know what we can sit and have a good discussion about it and that’s for sure, so that is what I want to say here. I hope you do understand what I am trying to say here. so better don’t challenge me on that. If you do have a good look at the windows phone 7 properly then you can see that there has been a lot of issues with the sync and hence that’s the area of concern over here, so that’s why I am better making you explain about the same.

If you want a windows mobile 6.5 then go ahead and get a phone that has the operating system with the version 6.8. You cannot downgrade at all.

In that case android is a ton time better. First of all if they update their os then there is need of downgrading since the new version is always better than the previous version also if we want an option to downgrade then we can easily do that and also the downgrading option is given for the symbian phones as well then why aren’t we we windows phone users not getting the same option I think Microsoft people must think and put their rusty brains on this and start thinking of some alternatives for itr. Then only someone can be benefited by that. Windows phone 7 is what I can say is the most comfortable os that I have come across yes there has been issues and in fact it is there now also but it does not mean that it will go away soon. It is here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Squibbit View Post
    In that case android is a ton time better. First of all if they update their os then there is need of downgrading since the new version is always better than the previous version also if we want an option to downgrade then we can easily do that and also the downgrading option is given for the symbian phones as well then why aren’t we we windows phone users not getting the same option I think Microsoft people must think and put their rusty brains on this and start thinking of some alternatives for itr. Then only someone can be benefited by that. Windows phone 7 is what I can say is the most comfortable os that I have come across yes there has been issues and in fact it is there now also but it does not mean that it will go away soon. It is here to stay.
    since you all don know or have much knowledge about the windows mobile 6.8 hence you are making statements like these. I think you will realize that for sure and will agree with me why windows mobile 6.8 is better than windows phone 7. So that’s what I am saying here. anyways thanks for the information that you all hae given here. sad to ehar that I will not be able to dwongarde lets see if I end up catching some good windows mobile 6.5.

still I think you have not got what I am saying here. seriously looks to me that there was some sort of miscommunication and that’s for sure. anyways if you want to so desperately go ahead with the windows mobile 6.8 then do that nobody is stopping in doing it.