Thread: Turn off Home, Back and Search Menu buttons on Windows Phone 7

Turn off Home, Back and Search Menu buttons on Windows Phone 7

I have the Windows Phone 7 OS on my mobile phone with me and I am dealing with a small annoyance. The phone keeps on vibrating whenever I press certain menu buttons. Especially the home, back and search buttons when pressed give me feedback or weird vibrations. I think they are the feature of the phone that can be disabled and not a defect in the phone. Any1 has idea how to disable the feedback on WP7.

Re: Turn off Home, Back and Search Menu buttons on Windows Phone 7

It’s really simple to turn off the vibrations. You should read the manual you will get this solution easily. Anyways, if you look around a little in the settings and play around with it. I will give you step by step method:
    • Go to the Start screen and do the following:
    • Select the little right arrow in a circle situated on the right-hand corner at the top of your screen. This opens up the App list.
    • Scroll down and find "settings"
    • Select "ringtones & sounds" and Set Vibrate "off"
    Or
    • Instead of #4, you could try to uncheck "Key press" which is down on the page on the "ringtones & settings" page.

I followed every step given but still cannot solve the issue. This did not turn off the vibration of the main 3 buttons (back, home & search. I have tried to reset phone and restart it and turn vibrate off in settings but the option you gave me only turns off the vibrations when receiving calls or ringtones.

Yes, you are right. Don’t follow the steps given in first reply. As, it will just turn off the vibrations during call. What you are experiencing is Heptic Feedback, which is a new technology that uses the force applied to the phone to calibrate the touch and the intensity of the touch, and so it gives the feedback back to the users. It can be disabled but first I will need to know what device you are using? It depends on the Hardware/OEMs of the phone. Yes, and disbling will be good for conserving the battery and energy of the phone. Since many are annoyed by the constant vibrations especially when you are not using it, its in the pants or something but still it vibrates. It bothered me as well for a while, I went to the store and complained but they said that no one can turn off the vibrations, they are in-built.

Hey, I have the same problem. I have HTC Trophy with me. I contacted the HTC service center and they replied me that the haptic feedback cannot be turned off for my phone. This is epic fail, why should there be any vibrations unnecessary on my phone when I don’t need it. My friend has Samsung Omnia 7 and they too replied the same thing. It’s with every brand problem and the problem is with WP7 not having any setting to turn it off. Hope they resolve it soon.

Its an OEM issue that specific to hardware of the phone and not fault of WP7. Since a similar problem was with Android phones earlier. The heptic feedback is the option given by manufacturers to the phone. So you will need to complain regarding the issue to the concerned companies mail and condtantly tell them about the problem. I am sure they will release a patch for your phone in no time.
    I myself have two WP7 devices and they don’t have this problem so its your OEM specific. So, just contact your OEM and solve it from there.