Thread: How to share internet connection while using Windows Phone 7 as a modem?

How to share internet connection while using Windows Phone 7 as a modem?

Just now I heard from htc support people that Windows 7 is not compatible to use as a modem - is this really so? This omission is crazy and I actually call for the functionality. Are there any applications that could offer this? Or maybe it will be in an upcoming version? Please be sorted quickly, or might need to throw this phone (and OS) again and get a different Android

Re: How to share internet connection while using Windows Phone 7 as a modem?

Tethering is not currently supported. You can get in a future update. Almost certainly a bit depending on your operator too. More often than not interested in that feature and most likely is that you pay also for the use of that feature (here in Germany for the iPhone, at least). Also there is currently no way for a 3rd party application at this time to provide this feature. Keep in mind - version 1.0 (maybe even 0.9). So the next update (hopefully) comes fast.

I do not think it should be a problem for the company (Orange ) as I had no problem running on my HTC tied WM old base. I have a colleague running a HTC Android Hero - I'm 90% sure that it is capable of binding. Orange also supports the immobilization of Blackberries and iPhones. So the question is - how long before Microsoft is being ordered?

This phone is going back. I cannot wait to open possibilities that could never materialize - if the detention would be there in a couple of weeks, even months, I expect as it is, this is uncertain - I'm returning the phone today while you can and get something different.

Sharing is an absolute necessity for me and for anyone who travels through life. We got to get out of the word.

Microsoft has made a complete screw with Windows Mobile 7: Also removed the meaning clipboard cut paste anything from emails, as is the case, means forward the email to yourself from the email account and sent to the intent of the parties. If you have more than one email account on your phone, as I HATE Windows phone 7. I am also thinking of sending back the phone and other call that too.

No offense here, but if the lack of copy and paste is the only. Why it is returning the phone then you really have no one to blame. But manually. Of all the professed shortcomings of this one has to WP7 have been the most publicized and a number of research have to exposed this problem, close again more or less when it was originally announced. It is also the only problem we know Microsoft is due to set the first update of Windows phone 7.

Had been using this function widely as I travel a lot. I'm in a real solution now, after spending 35 000 rupees for the phone is. Unluckily in India we do not have the option of returning the phone. My devotion WM phone is captivating a toll. I would not advocate anyone to go to WP7.

Have you noticed how slowly (at least w / AT & T) is the service? I am getting a snail's pace 115Kbps and I live in 4G - New York area covered. When I did this with my AT & T Tilt, which runs smoothly and much faster speeds.I hear the iphone is to provide an application that lets you turn your phone into a hotspot Wi-Fi. Now that's what I'm looking for! How about a little help here WP 7 team?

Microsoft has the opportunity to gain market share from Apple, but is far behind the 8 ball with the lack of tethering. I bought Telstra HTC Mozart after the representative of the phone said, "Yes, of course this makes Internet Sharing "instead of the HTC Android models. Grave error. Come on Microsoft! Pull your finger!