Thread: How to use mp3 songs as ringtone in windows phone 7?

How to use mp3 songs as ringtone in windows phone 7?

How to use mp3 song as ringtone, used to be able to Windows 6.5, I am not able to use with mobile Windows 7.I cannot locate any information on it wherever and no options on the side of the music phone set as a ringtone or settings?

Re: How to use mp3 songs as ringtone in windows phone 7?

Adding up ringtones at present not possible. Mobile phone Operator or manufacturers be able to add their own ringtones in production, but users can not add more.

The present version of Windows Phone 7 not supports customizing ringtones. The only method is to buy from ringtones carrier or market. I imagine prospect versions of WP7 can support this functionality. For myself, I prefer to make use of my own songs as ringtones instead of default ringtones.

It's not just ringtones, but the alarms. With Windows Mobile, and almost any WAV, WMA or MP3 can be an alarm, prompt, notification sound or tone. At this time, with WP7, no modification is likely by the end user. Manufacturers and operators are capable to put in custom sounds; consequently you can distinguish the dissimilar sounds from device to device, which Microsoft provides by default.

I'll chime in with the rest of the choir here. Customizable ringtones in this age of smart phones is a necessity.

This is one of the biggest disappointments I've had at Microsoft. Custom ringtones are a basic feature in most phones, especially smartphones.If Microsoft thinks for a moment, I'm going to download songs from them, or pay money, or even be happy with the selection of ringtones horrible I have provided. Then they got another thing coming. I’m tempted to jailbreak my phone, and I have it.

Count me in this. I find this obsession with tone rather tedious. Go buy an iPhone or Android if meat for you, and leave all that tedious complaints. **** the excitement about the possibility to customize Ringtones silly.

Fortunately, the rest of us trying to work in the office is not all musicals interrupted annoying bell staff / songs. Thinking Good on Microsoft for the rest of the community.

I had an Android, I have an iTouch. And those things are great, the customization of Android cannot be beat and the interface of the iPhone is almost indisputable. However, I bought a phone Windows 7, why? Because I love Microsoft, and I believe them when they commit to making a better product. And in many ways, I feel that they have.

But all I'm asking, all any of us in this thread about ringtones, we are asking is the same customization that nearly all other phones have. For you to come here and act like an ignorant presumptuous pain is unacceptable. Our complaints are not something to discuss or for you to criticize! They're just waiting for the complaints we are an active company, well-intentioned, as Microsoft will listen.

They could not agree more. All my friends laugh at my HTC HD7.Microsoft favor after up. I am going to wait a few months, two to be more precise. Honestly, if nothing is done, I'll put it in the trash and never look back at the MS again.

Well said - I had the phone I got this Christmas and love it. Information is important to Microsoft so they be able to hear what most user prefer or alike, and the action accordingly. I am not in opposition to the current ringtone on my phone Windows 7 - a bit like them in reality (but that could be because everything is new!), But also to "identify" the phone - that's what that IT MINE - and that's a phrase with this phone "do it himself" .

This is the only thing I dislike about this phone. All phones there besides this allows you to download and assign a ringtone. This is ridiculous. Get it fixed