Thread: Buying Apps/Games For windows phone 7 with Microsoft Points

Buying Apps/Games For windows phone 7 with Microsoft Points

I have 5000 points in my Zune account. I try to pay money for an Xbox game using the application, except it's a no go. I am unable observe the phone my points? I can buy apps / games on my PC and synchronize with the phone? I connect to Xbox live / Zune and there is no download link. I cannot discover any applications WP7. Do I have to connect the phone in advance? Microsoft needs to make clear about the measures and restrictions. It is very confusing.

Re: Buying Apps/Games For windows phone 7 with Microsoft Points

When making purchases or it must be through the Zune application on a desktop or application of the phone market. Regardless of where the purchase occurs the phone will download and install the application. No synchronization is required.

You can discover applications in Windows Phone 7. Zune desktop software market sailing-> Apps. Phone Applications Windows displays by default.

So I have to put a credit card on file? The purpose of Microsoft points is to avoid having credit card transactions in the 1st place. How I can buy games then? Are the games is only possible through Xbox Live and / or application of the phone market? I can buy them in Zune Marketplace on a PC?

You must use a credit card (or bank card that can be processed as a credit card. You can make a purchase with the Zune application on a PC or application in the phone market.

The information on the site is deceptive! If you put such notice in a place of Windows Phone 7 how do you expect people to understand the message? I came here today because I bought MsPoints and discovered that you cannot buy applications and games. Market is the entry point, so why make it so difficult for people to spend money on them?

I completely agree, decide one and stick with it! 5,000 points .just thinking they could buy applications. Of course you cannot get a refund for the points, because Microsoft does not allow such things. So now I have 5,000 points which is not worth squat to me. I'll just be getting free apps until this problem.

I am very surprised that we cannot use MS points. I have 1600 points I've been keeping well, just so that when finally I have my phone, I could use my points to buy games for mobile XBL / apps. I am very disappointed not to be used. As someone told me. Seems I will be sticking with the free applications that let me use up my points. I hope MS fixes this soon.

I went to a couple of stores looking to buy a prepaid card so I could upload my own daughters with $ xx, xx to buy applications in quantum LQ C900 be able to buy about the Zune, which are only good for music and movies, Xbox points are actually only high-quality for things not of Xbox games on Xbox on the phone. I do not want to associate with a credit card with my account. Just want to give my daughter X amount of dollars to make use of.

I've looked at different sites or pages on Zune, and some windows of the instructions and / or documentation. We have to go through all these configuration steps, you must have email account with MSN Hotmail Windows Live (which already had a Hotmail account) associated with the widows Live ID, then you need to be associated with Xbox live zune then and then still cannot buy a game you buy a game with points or points of Microsoft Xbox .

sign iTunes site after my own daughters I can credit my account, you can purchase a gift card online and print code gift card or buy a gift card in a store or online and then buy what they sell applications games movies music, etc .How much money Microsoft has lost because of this .How the application programmer and games they feel about this .Please, Microsoft gets this set

I guess you cannot use Microsoft Points to purchase games and applications for developers of applications to establish the cost of the application / game currency and Microsoft has no way to convert configuration different amounts of money in different amounts of Microsoft Points .

But with the Xbox market which only have the option to pay with Microsoft Points and have the option of billing directly to a credit card. With the phone in Windows 7 to market applications that have the option of billing directly to your wireless service provider to appear at the phone bill or credit card. The phone Windows 7 how to buy applications is also as it was for the Windows Mobile 6 market, so maybe Microsoft wanted to prevent it because developers were already using that method and not have to deal with the reflected multiple payment methods such as currency and price points of MS. Perhaps this will change in a future update of the Fair and MS begin to accept as payment in MS Points.

However, it appears that Windows 7 Phone market is not in the list is where to buy games for your Windows 7. Windows 7's telephone market appears to be a separate species even though it's something built into the Zune software, but it is not the same as the Zune Marketplace.