Thread: How to change the country/region settings in marketplace account

How to change the country/region settings in marketplace account

I just bought my LG Optimus 7. To use the market, which had to create a money market account utilizing my Windows Live ID.? While I had to select a region that was so dim that I selected Austria (because I could not discover my country on the list). Lastly, all market applications in the phone and on the website of Windows Phone Marketplace are displayed in German. I do not understand German, so I want to change my country to the UK.

Re: How to change the country/region settings in marketplace account

Here I find something for you; I wish you get some idea from this. So take a look: What matters here is what the country of your Zune account is - not your Live ID. Microsoft lets you to alter your billing country, Zune, for certain reasons, it does not. So any country that has shaped its classification with the Zune is what it is to stay - and support cannot be changed, unfortunately.

I just odium to say it, but there's no method to change the region on your Zune account. As things stand now one time set it is as though it is written in mineral and isn't changeable.

I found a way, but this is probably a solution just for me. I am very lucky that do not have a Zune and the Xbox before, so I did not have to worry about losing all my data and achievements, etc. First I had to make another Live ID and after that reset the phone. Resetting the phone, obviously, delete all my data on it. After that I registered my phone with my Live ID once more and read the instructions cautiously. While I had to select the region, I chose the UK. Now the whole thing is in English.

And lastly, I shaped my Live ID too old (which matters to all my contacts from Live Messenger and I can utilize my Hotmail as well). Now I can make use of my old email account and all the things you've used earlier, and my new account is constant to Zune Marketplace and Xbox Live.

I just wish this get's fixed soon. I am not going register a new id with all annoy that means so until I can set my right region and therefore register a credit card, no purchases on the marketplace for me.

Not that I have some idea as to relevant internal what is happening, but my expectation is that a solution is not soon forthcoming. From what I understand the immutability of the region ID, Zune / Xbox's contractual obligations with third parties outside of Microsoft. And it seems that whenever contractual agreements and appease the concerns of external parties are involved in a case that things change slowly (as changes are usually trying to establish new contractual agreements).

Well, that's too bad. It's easy to hostile, especially since you cannot register a second account and switch between them, but need to restore phone. I was generally very happy with my phone 7, but if someone asks me about my Phone 7 I'm afraid this unfriendly design of extreme poverty and the user will have to be mentioned.

A sad state of affairs largely by a focus on U.S. Many users are mostly WP7 disadvantages of various ways for this. For instance, I cannot download applications precise to the French network abounding as the phone connected to my existing Windows Live ID in the UK. That could end the phone and begin another time, but this requires a little shove asset if Microsoft needs all these things to be attractive throughout the real world, especially as they now want all users of Windows Live, the cloud sync, etc. I think the right has been surprised by the success of his left hand. Undoubtedly, the way out should be probable to let access to more than one Live ID?