Thread: Samsung firmware S8500XXKF3 update through KIES in Germany

Samsung firmware S8500XXKF3 update through KIES in Germany

I have updated the firmware for my phone through KIES for the first time. I updated from XXJL2 to XXKF3 with no remarkable changes though there were not many remarkable changes only the browser was quickr a bit. In Germany, they said that the low resources problem has been fixed. I have upgraded it so that I don’t need to update to Bada 2.0.1 through flashing which may brick my mobile.

Re: Samsung firmware S8500XXKF3 update through KIES in Germany

I live in Philippines but I have phone's firmware of Europe. What is KIES exactly? I have never used it to upgrade my phone. My question is, can I update my firmware to Bada 2.0.1 thru Kies? I think now only Beta has been released that’s why we need to flash it. But I am gonna wait until official one releases. Is it gonna come out coon and only on kies? Where can I get it??

Here's the details of my firmware:

SW Version: S8500XXKF3
    CSC Version: S8500OXAJL2

I think you have got a mixed up firmware of both Phillipines and Europe, so that’s called Custom Firmware as Samsung does not allow yu to di it. So, sadly you cannot upgrade with yur current setup of firmware.

Samsung Kies is a software application that allows for wireless transfer between the latest Samsung devices. You can install kies on your PC and connect it to phone using Wi-Fi. It is used for syncing data, contacts and messages with you phone. Whenever kies is connected, if a new firmware is available for your phone a message comes up instantly. It is a very simple provesure than going through the pains of flashing which may brick the phone. By bricking you mean rensdering the machine. Kies is der for Windows or Mac also. But as the person above said, you have mixed up your firmware. So, you will need to change it back to your Phillipines default firmware if you want to upgrade it to 2.01. Hope this helps you solve the problem that you are facing.

No it’s not a custom made, it is original firmware. So, since it is available in Germany can I change the country I live in to Germany and then install the new firmware? But when I do select the country it says no firmware update available. Should I restart the PC and then select country Germany as default when I am installing.

Ok, the thing is Bada 2.0.1 has not yet been released officially so it cannot show you any upgrade as of yet. You don’t have to reinstall as if it is original Euro firmware it will upgrade. The OP has said that he upgraded to XXKF3 which is already installed in you by the specs you pasted. So, you will have to wait for the right time. Also, warning don’t do the leaked firmware as once you install that one you cannot upgrade to firmware normally as before and surely brick it. Then you will have to revert back to the olf firmware from the leaked 2.0.1 and then install the official release when it comes out.

I did not know you could update firmware of other countries, but are other firmware any better or have support for some other apps? Although I seem to have a problem with downloading ti dfrom kies. It always fails, so I updated by multiloader on samfirmware, but I cannot see the Dutch language. What does XX stand for in the firmware name?

Yes, it is possible you just have to choose your country as the firmware. Although I do not know any major differences but some firmware fo have support for certain apps. The UK one has faster browser and it loads quickly, other than that nothing surprising and different from others. XX stands for Open Firmware and JL2 and KF3 are both of the Western Europe (German area), it is the version number and region. Regarding the language have you checked the language options while upgrading the phone? If not I don’t know if they do support Dutch language.