Thread: Repeating Acer Aspire 6920G recovery

Repeating Acer Aspire 6920G recovery

I utilized eRecovery to restore my Acer Aspire 6920G, the whole thing went very well and I was back to the clean desktop screen. Following some installations laptop had to reboot, except it rebooted into Acer eRecovery Management, it foremost inquired me for language, afterward I had 3 options:
    • Restore system from factory default
    • Restore system from users backup
    • Exit

I chose Exit plus kept rebooting, only to finish up in Acer eRecovery Management through the similar options repeatedly. I utilized Ultimate Boot CD (UBCD) and booted from a number of casual HP/NTFS HDD I found (named Primary 3) and it worked very well. A fresh volume had came into view in my PC, called PQSERVICE (F: ). It's approximately without doubt the Acer recovery partition.

Re: Repeating Acer Aspire 6920G recovery

I think that some of the setting in the BIOS might have been changed without your concern. In order to resolve this issue you need to go to laptop BIOS and put out of action D2D boot option...It must stop D2D from booting...

Ok, on the Acer site gives to the drivers to download a file called eRecovery, so you should actually be able to access the recovery partition. Otherwise, the glue is still with product key on the laptop? Then you can simply donned the new notebook, you need only one recovery system cd of the previous operating system with which it was delivered. I think ma Vista home premium. Then charge you the drivers for the laptop down so they can be installed now.

Will you use this recovery partition; you press Alt + F10 at boot. But must be enabled in the BIOS "= D2D Disk to Disk" function recovery.

But if you play a hand or Windows formatted it to disk (partition C) over write the MBR (Master Boot Record) and then is not this function!

Restoring the Recovery feature can only Acer and this is very detrimental. In my model for 3 CD's were here, which can restore the "purchase installation". Luckily. New models have as far as I know only the hidden partition and then if you had no Recovery-DVD/CD's burned itself which must be purchased from Acer...

Most notebooks, where the recovery DVDs must also be created, also have a recovery partition. Upon booting the right "F" key press (which is in the manual) and then make recovery. If you want to save the "not important" data anyway, then you can do that with a Linux Live CD