Thread: Modified BIOS for Acer Aspire Timeline 3810T/TG

Modified BIOS for Acer Aspire Timeline 3810T/TG

While searching on google I have found one modded BIOS for this laptop. It allows a latest INTEL-ONLY graphics configuration within the BIOS intended for the TG models. This disables ATI chip completely, essentially building the Switchable Graphics TG models take action similar to the T models, which "fixes" bug where together graphics chips are dynamic following a Resume from Standby. Furthermore it has written that this offers 3810TG owners the assured battery life of 8+ hours. Does anybody else recognize this?

Re: Modified BIOS for Acer Aspire Timeline 3810T/TG

I consider the standby bug is caused through software (driver) problems meant for the following explanation: I practiced the bug plus fixed it devoid of changing the BIOS. On my unique system the bug happened at a few point. Afterward I arrange a fresh Windows 7 system (64 bit) with Acer drivers by the use of support page. The bug was at rest there. I installed additional drivers. From the time when then it worked completely as well as stable: Low power expenditure following standby.

This is about the Bios. A few tips are nevertheless: Clean the fan. Adjust Power Options. Codec's update. Graphics driver update. Disable anti-virus. Relieve system by uncheck unnecessary programs and services. What you can try everything.

BIOS should disable the ability to use two cards. You have to use only the ATI. With Intel until the temperature rose to 55-60 degrees Celsius the fan running continuously. ATI has the ability to operate in power saving mode and also you can reduce (ATI only) screen brightness. Using the ATI temperature drops to around 39-42 degrees so the fan works less. Also recommend installing powertop from package manager that allows you to disconnect other functions so as to bring down consumption below 10 watts. In this manner, even exceeding eight hours.

New series of Acer notebooks Timeline of energy-consciousness - proudly displays reduced energy consumption for long-term, portable fuel-efficient. Designed for truly modern mobile work and play, this full-featured affordable 14.0 "notebook is less than 1" thin at its lowest point, weighs 4.2 pounds and bags at least eight hours autonomy of the Earth environment. The BIOS doesn’t act anything with that without any reason. So you need to get the latest version of BIOS instead of Modified one.