Thread: Acer Aspire 5738G is shutting down while playing games

Acer Aspire 5738G is shutting down while playing games

Hey all, I recently bought my Acer Aspire 5738G laptop last few weeks. Up till now it was working so good but recently I noticed one problem while using it. The problem is my laptop shutting down by itself while playing CS-source. At that time I noticed that my laptop is quite hot, I searched for this option on the internet and finally I found that this thing is happening due to overheating. Hey friend, in this case iw ant to know about the ventilation at the bottom of Acer Aspire 5738G. and also I think that this is happening due to overheating because my system is not having any hole to take air inside, it was designed to be a bottom vent for air intake, but they forget to make holes in it. Can anyone suggest my what to do now?

Re: Acer Aspire 5738G is shutting down while playing games

Friend, actually I am having the same laptop model as you, and also in my laptop there is no holes for taking the air inside. I always thought the ventilation slot was the one under the touchpad, but according to me you have asked an interesting question on this topic. when they made that solid slot in that place & actually I think that the Acer only can answer on this topic. And also I have one question for you, that is did u try to use compressed air on your laptop to remove the dust, and if you done this thing that I would like top know that how did you open your laptop without voiding your warranty.

Let me tell you that I am raging out of my skin, because I found BIOS bug on HD4570 that is setting the Memory Clock to 500 MHz instead of 800, regardless of the laptop being on AC power. The stupid’s down clocking for me is that it turns out that disabling Power Play does not cancel. For that reason I installed the Riva Tuner, and also I cant even force the MemClk back to 800.

Hardware monitor suddenly shows 800 MHz memory performance When Power Play is off and the memory raised to the maximum 750 allowed by RT. I think that in this problem is that it somehow locks the Core Clock and it cant be raised over 680. Here are the screen shot that what I am taking about, when Power Play is enabled I can only over clock to 747, and when my power play is disable than both Core and Memory switch to factory defaults 680/800 and also for that reason you cannot go beyond that. I would like to know that do you also experiencing the same downclocking, I would like to request you in about to some GPU-Z screens with what it shows you when Power Play is on and also when you are operating s the default operation. After this the fake fan intake on the bottom, when power is plays of It turns out. And at this time the memory operates at the default frequency and core temp of the GPU reaches some scorching 92-93 degrees Celsius. For that reason only I started cutting into the plastic with a craft knife, to create the whole which should be there.

Yes, I think that it is possible to have holes on the front side on some bottom. For example 5942g with core i5 has only holes in the front and also Corei7 have the hole on the bottom and in the front. I will ask you to take pictures of your laptop from all the side, and after this report me back about your problem.

Exactly, on the front side It does have the moronic grated "intake", now this thing blows my mind how they decided to place the air intake as far as possible from the fan and also at this time heatsink is going to provide sufficient airflow. In this case I can only imagine that the graphics BIOS that is set up do downclock the memory to 500 MHz is having to do with this major design flaw. As I directed earlier, while by passing this bug and having the graphics memory run at almost the intended stock speed of 800 MHz, at this time the memory modules shows the temps of over 93 degrees Celsius. So in this case I think that they cunningly resorted to downclocking graphics memory to keep temps within acceptable ranges.

Friend, I think that the power play bug is quite old sometime ago, I am telling this thing because ago I made a small guide on how to get the best out of the HD4570. I will suggest you to check that If you need more help on this topic.

For that design flaw, I can say that you get for which you pay for. For that reason I hade old to the Acer about that sometime ago and also I think that there is online service is actually a robot or a strange human being, I am telling this thing because I was asked to book my unit for repair in the nearest Acer repair center which is 5 countries away. At that I ignored them because they are hopeless.

Hey, I think that cutting the plastic is not a good job and this is a painstaking job. I think that in this case the best way should be to whole using the heated blade. Actually the main problem with me is that I don’t have the constant heat source, and also I don’t want to buy any thing heating material for this purpose. I think that temp went down due to degree or two. And also the slots are very tight and some of them having the strands of plastic blocking the hole. I am fearing while I think to melt them with any heating bled, I am sure that there will happen some thing to it when I will melt it. And in this I like to know that did the cutting with a knife thing reduce temps? if it did I will figure a way to dig these holes.

Thanks, operating your suggestion I did some hole in Acer Aspire 5738G to see the difference. I can notice also a couple of degrees but I did only 4 small holes just for check. And I am getting good benefit from it. Again thank you.