Thread: How to add Bluetooth to Acer Aspire Timeline 3810T

How to add Bluetooth to Acer Aspire Timeline 3810T

I have got the Acer Aspire Timeline 3810T laptop. After getting it in my hand I realized that it doesn’t include Bluetooth. As you know that it is not the new laptop because I have got this laptop from my friend and he has been using it from the past several years. I need Bluetooth connection in this laptop in order to connect my mobile as well as other device. I have heard that it is possible for us to include Bluetooth by ourself. A little more information would be very much handy.

Re: How to add Bluetooth to Acer Aspire Timeline 3810T

I regret that Acer is bad news with respect to Bluetooth functionality of its machines at the sight of complaints visible in search engines. A call and an email were unsuccessful Acer positive. Much less a pipe or information to obtain the missing module.

ACER has all standard bluetooth key. This does not imply the integration of the function of the product. On your model has no built-in Bluetooth function. We recommend using a USB external.

I think that you should buy a Bluetooth module for Acer. Be careful though, if this is not an upgrade kit, the piece does not include the cable that connects the module to the motherboard Be sure to check this detail. Considering the price of the port, it would be a shame to pay twice. After purchase, remember to ask the operating instructions for your model of Acer laptop. Because a weapon of your small screwdriver panda good manual will be very useful to disassemble the laptop. The housing of the Bluetooth chip is on the motherboard under the keyboard, battery side. We must therefore remove LCD screen, keyboard and unscrew nuts and no less than thirty screws.

Your laptop has no Bluetooth, that's the problem. Acer has taken on the show for reasons of cost the same case, whether the device has Bluetooth or not really.

When you buy an Acer notebook, very often the Bluetooth does not work even if the driver is provided by the manufacturer. Look no further, it is important that you know that most of the Acer laptops are not equipped with the internal Bluetooth module as possible. Only two Acer authorized resellers can provide this type of product. Remember to buy the upgrade kit as well the power cable to connect the module to the motherboard. When buying equipment, think of Ask the dealer's technical manual for your model of Acer laptop.

Once you have received your materials and package, make use of a Phillips screwdriver to remove the laptop. The location of the Bluetooth module is located on the motherboard under the keyboard. You must unmount LCD display, keyboard, Hull ... You have to unscrew a screw thirty. Be thorough and organized in the dismantling corpulent while respecting the instructions of disassembly of the record.

Following the hardware installation, with the intention that the Bluetooth is activated, you have got to install the following 2 tools Acer: Acer Empowering Framework as well as Power Management. These 2 tools are utilized to handle the activation of units (Bluetooth, wifi ...). As soon as you restart your workstation at the end of the previous step, the Bluetooth lastly works

Bluetooth device and brings the model factory installed, so maybe you have not enabled or do not have the driver (driver) installed or you have deleted by mistake, but the driver cd that came with the laptop, so re- set but will have to download the driver from the manufacturer's website, because the settings must be correct to walk the Bluetooth to press the button, you turn on wifi and Bluetooth

It's a choice between the two answers above. Do you have a laptop with integrated Bluetooth you can activate by connections etc? Sometimes it may be that your installation CD-ROM to re-enter the Bluetooth add. These possibilities, the computer does not, and then you indeed the easiest to buy a Bluetooth USB stick which is indeed not so expensive.

If your laptop does not have it (but it controls better ... unless your laptop is not exactly old, it seems really strange to me who do not have), you can buy Bluetooth USB antennas. They are like the keys and they are available at any electronics store, and also cost relatively little. Configure the USB device via the management software consistent with the maker's instructions. When the software was configured, your laptop will be ready for use with USB devices. Otherwise you must first buy a stick that will be a receiver, or Bluetooth unit. The number of available drivers works with integrated bases, but unless you have a receiver does not take anything. Go to Comet / Euronics / UniEuro, bought a USB, install the drivers and you'll see that you can use the bluetooth too.

Just attack the key if you have Bluetooth and Win XP, Vista or 7 will recognize it automatically, in the bar at the bottom right you should see a blue icon and Bluetooth you can send and receive files. If not download Bluetooth drivers from the internet or insert the CD that you have been given together with the stick.