Thread: Can I have File Manager for Windows Phone 7.

Can I have File Manager for Windows Phone 7.

Hello friends I am looking for File Manager for Windows Phone 7. I don't wish to use the zune software. I am currently to be able to hook my phone up to my system and move file that way. It is pretty easier. With zune, I have no command over file management; I can't generate folders or systematize anything. Even renaming is not looking possible for me.

Re: Can I have File Manager for Windows Phone 7.

Hi, it’s not possible for the device to be used in a Mass Storage way because this is the case there is no real requirement for a File Manager. At the instant the choices for transferring files from and to the phone are either via email or trough SkyDrive.Media files can be synced with the phone trough the Zune Software. So I think this the hard luck case for you You better wait and see if there is some other solution for you provided some other expert. Anyway I don’t Think it is possible anyhow.

I am feeling as like I have been cheated by Microsoft. Windows mobile 7 is nowhere near as good as windows mobile 6.5. I require my phone for business. It's an enormous disappointment. Microsoft are clearly not considering to the client’s requirements.

What business features are you talking about that are not there? I am in agreement you’re you that talking about device management as it was probable with System Center Mobile Device Manager (or alike solutions) and WM 6.x device is not obtainable for WP7. On the other hand the Sharepoint Mobile Client on the Windows Phone 7 appliances lets me admittance files much easier which makes my business life easier (Not speaking about that I never used my WM device as media player or installed many apps)

I think all of us are looking for file manager, folders... like we were having in WM6.1 and 6.5. I hope Microsoft will be carrying these feature back. As you can see the users are requesting for this .I would also like to save draft SMS and MMS messages, keep a trashbox for deleted ones... I don't like it that now it deletes a whole chat. All those features we had in WM6.1

Microsoft, why the hell don’t you listen to the consumers need. I want all the features that windows mobile 6.5 has plus the new features of the windows 7 phone. At the moment, I am only using my windows 7 phone for calls and SMS. If Microsoft does not address this issue, I will go back to a windows mobile 6.5 phone or I will look at the Samsung galaxy tab which seems to be working quite well despite not having the office suite.

I think they are aware of the problem you are trying to show them up. And hopefully they will be coming up with the new solution o I think You wil have to wait and watch for some time and Your problem will be sorted out.

Thanks friends for your replies and yeah I think its right that I will have to manage it somehow through the Zune software. Any ways many thanks for your replies guys.