Thread: When the wave is turned upside down it auto dials

When the wave is turned upside down it auto dials

Recently I have purchased Samsung S8500 Wave Bada OS smartphone for myself. I really like this phone and I am enjoying every bit of it. It was working absolutely fine but from past 2 days it isn’t. It is creating some strange problems. Recently I was travelling in bus and was listening to the radio. I always lock my phone and had done the same thing. After sometime when I was about to switch off the radio I observed that a call was made accidently and my balance was deducted for the same. I had not made any call at that time. But I don’t know how and what happened. My friend once also had the same issue but it got resolved somehow which I don’t know. So I would like to know what could be the problem. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Please help me as I am very much irritated now with this thing. Thank you in advance.

Re: When the wave is turned upside down it auto dials

I think you need to disable the overturning option available in the phone. For this I would suggest you to go to the main menu>>settings>>general and then >> gesture settings. There in gesture options, you will find four types of gestures available like Double Tapping, Orientation, Overturning and Putting Down. Just click on the overturning option over there. And let the preference get save. I hope this will help. Just try it and let me know so that I can give you some other solution for this. You can reply to me in the next post.

Well I have faced the same problem earlier as mentioned by you. I tried to change many settings but nothing helped me out. So I got very disappointed by this and without much inquiry sold off the phone.

I would suggest you to clear the call log in phone. After clearing just try and wait till any such thing happens to you. I think this is the issue related to some software that is installed. I would suggest you to install the latest update available for your phone in it. This might solve this issue. Just google on the internet and find out the specific update, get it downloaded on your pc and then install it in your phone via usb. After installing I think this thing should not happen to you.

I had the same issue with my Samsung phone. Whenever I used even connect the 3.5 mm jack in my phone at that time also I used face this problem. I use to erase the phone log often to avoid misuse. Well I understand that this problem is very much disturbing it could be any software failure I suspect that’s doing this.

Well I have gone through your query and I think you can try this one to resolve the issue. Unlock you phone first and just type in *#197328640#. After that go to comman and then go to the silent silent redial. There you will find options like on and off. Make sure that you turn the silent redial option as off. After turning off I think this issue should not persist and it should get resolved.

I think you should take your phone to any mobile store or phone repairing shop. Ask the guys to help you out regarding this issue. If there is any damage then it will be resolved for free of cost provided it is under warranty period. But if it isn’t in the warranty period then you will have to pay some amount of money to get it resolved. You can also try to contact the Samsung guys directly to help you out regarding this issue. There have been many complaints regarding this even in the past so I think they can deal faster and better.

I think you need to check once with your service provider. Call on the customer care number and ask them about this issue. How old is your mobile? I assume that there is some issue with software or some buttons are getting accidentally pressed or something likes that. If service provider says that it is not related to their service then the only thing you can do is you can go to the hardware shop. But before that you can try doing few things like you can remove the battery from your phone and clean dust present inside and outside. Mobile phones are electronic items and hence are tend to give troubles often.