Thread: Should I install antivirus for Samsung Bada phones?

Should I install antivirus for Samsung Bada phones?

I have bought Samsung Wave-II 8530 more than a month ago. I am also using Wi-Fi 3G Net, but I am unsure about antivirus. Should I have the antivirus in the phone as I am using Wi-Fi internet and it can be a bit risky. Is there a threat from virus to my phone? What is the antivirus you would suggest for the phone?

Re: Should I install antivirus for Samsung Bada phones?

There are simply no viruses in the Wave phone. If you find a single virus I will gift you a antivirus with lifetime validity. Also, there is currently no virus created for the Bada OS, as no one has ever complained about any virus. Also, it is a relatively new virus, so maybe no one has had any opportunity yet. The new OS is very tightly locked with a very tight kernel security also. Also, the apps that you can download or install are only from the app store. So, if any third-party apps contain virus, the store will firstly not accept it, so that you will never get them on your phone. Also, no Java app can run on the phone without any permission

I have a Samsung Wave II and it has been attacked by a virus. It runs in the backdrop but is invisible when I see the Task Manager. It makes the system resources too busy, and also the device feels like it has been operated remotely by somebody sometimes. It has just struck 2/3 days before asI had no problems earlier. I have cleared SD memory, phone memory tried restarting the phone and all. I will go to Samsung service center to see what’s wrong with it.

Maybe there is a problem with your micro sd card. You say the virus is invisible and runs in the background. So, how can you be sure that it’s a virus? It can be a software bug too. Making resources busy is usually due to a software bug. And what do you mean by it is remotely operated? Can you elobarate so that I can solve your issue. Have you tried hard reset?

I have tried running it without sd card and also hard reset is performed. Sometimes while a screen has a scroll bar with different options on it, a few options get touched/activated and it moves up and down. Sometimes it moves back to previous screen as if cancel is activated. And, all this is happening in the last 2/3 days only. I have not even installed any apps now, and the phone is completely empty. Sometimes the Notifications bar comes down irregularly in the middle. And it lags so much and sometimes the Music apps hangs everything in the device. I have complained to Samsung, maybe they will solve it.

Since you only said that the phone lags too much that’s why you might be feeling about the remote operation. As, once you click something, the phone recognizes it much later and then some other operation happens instead of the option that you require. Same is the case with the Notification and Music lagging and hanging up. This is all due to the system resources eating up. So, I would suggest since all methods have failed you should try ‘Flashing’ the phone. And don’t trust Samsung Gallery as they are very slow in repairing the phones. So, you should just try Flashing and it would solve the problem. But remember it is risky and might Brick the phone.

How is Flashing done? And is it too risky? Will it damage my phone permanently. And in the worst circumstance if the phone does get damaged will the Samsung people help me right if I am in the warranty period?

Yes, surely they will help, and nothing can go wrong if you follow every step correctly as given. At first make backup of contacts. First download the firmware for your phone model. Make sure you have the right Firmware first and foremost. Then download multiloader and upload the firmware by connecting the phone to a laptop first using USB wire. See the steps perfectly by searching for them on the internet. Make sure you have full battery of your phone and laptop, as if it gets disconnected during the setup you have high probability of bricking only then.