Thread: Samsung Galaxy S2 locks up

Samsung Galaxy S2 locks up

I am using Samsung Galaxy S2, and now I am having a very annoying issue with it. It continues to freeze on every 4 or 5 days. When it freezes the screen goes black. Though, when it freezes, I am able to reboot my phone from last couple of times by just pressing and holding power button for long time, but initially I must have to remove the battery if I wished to reboot it. And, this time it frozen at the home screen and it was not responding anything so I had to reboot it. Do anyone of you knows, why all this is happening with my phone? Please reply, if you know any solution for this issue.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 locks up

Have you installed anything? Any task managers from third party? Or any app for saving battery, like juice defender? Remove all the apps that you have installed just before when this issue started. And I also want to ask on which firmware you are on, currently? Just try flashing your firmware for at least once and see that the issue is solved or not? I may need more information about your phone. Normally, these issues are created by the user’s itself.

Thanks for taking interest in my issue. As far as I know about my phone, it is surely unrooted. And I have a task manager installed and I have only one app for saving my battery and that is “Quick Settings”. And the firmware I am using is of version is 2.3.3. This all you asked above. Now can you say what may be the reason for freezing my phone so frequently?

I think this issue can be fixed just by updating your firmware. See if kies can update the firmware so that you get the latest firmware. My friend was also having this issue. After flashing with the newer firmware its phone started working smoothly.

Thanks for your reply, but I tried connecting through kies before and I was not able to connect through it. So I will try doing it with Odin. Before proceeding, I will do a detailed study of it as I am a totally noob for this and if I will be too nervous for doing this I take help of any expert for sure. But I am not sure that upgrading my firmware will really fix this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristaps View Post
    I am using Samsung Galaxy S2, and now I am having a very annoying issue with it. It continues to freeze on every 4 or 5 days. When it freezes the screen goes black. Though, when it freezes, I am able to reboot my phone from last couple of times by just pressing and holding power button for long time, but initially I must have to remove the battery if I wished to reboot it. And, this time it frozen at the home screen and it was not responding anything so I had to reboot it. Do anyone of you knows, why all this is happening with my phone? Please reply, if you know any solution for this issue.
    I was searching for the exact problem and I see I'm not alone.
    I have the same symptoms. When it freeze up the screen goes black. When I try too press any buttons nothing happens, exept for Home-button and Power. Then I hear the sound of a screen shot taken. I have to hold down the power-button for quite some time to get it to reboot.
    My phone is running 2.3.3, rooted. I have Advanced Task Manager, Green Power + a bunch of other programs installed.
    If you find any sollution to our problem let me know. I do the same if I find anything causing this.

Hi all. having same issue.Got my SGS2 in July. i put Darky rom on it and its been stable since. however 3 days ago i noticed in the morning that when i tried to go to the desktop ie after swiping on lock screen, it went black and i couldnt do anything. no homescreen...nothing. i thought the issue was that batt was at 12%. i charged and after a couple of reboots it worked fine.

Next day same issue. this time reboots did not fix the issue. Thought issue was Go Launcher because when i went back to ADW it started working.

Third day (today), Since morning black screen on any action. desktop opens momentarily and back to black. changed launchers, nothing. I cant make or take calls because the phone rings but screen is black. Reboot and the desktop comes for a short while, open any application it shows for a moment. tap it and screen goes black......i'm tearing my hair out at this point.
    Now downloading Android 2.3.4 update from samsung to reflash. If it doesnt work phone goes back to dealer...its on warranty

if anyone else successfully fixed this problem..do tell. Cheers.