Thread: Want to buy Nexus S, any suggestion?

Want to buy Nexus S, any suggestion?

Hey Hello everyone, I have suggested my friend to buy the Nexus S. and after my suggestion he bought the new Nexus S and I is wonder Full device. And after seeing this I a also thinking for the same device and on regarding this I have some question on it. The queston are as follows:
    1: different between kernel & mods.
    2: out of 512mb Ram only 200mb is used by the system and rest other are used by GPU, ion this device the GPU is dedicated so why phones RAM is used by it?
    3: solution for the Browser lagging.
    4: if I install different mods/kernel then may it void warranty?
    5:- want to know that is 720p recording possible through any Custom ROMS ?

Re: Want to buy Nexus S, any suggestion?

There are following answer for your question:
    I think that Kernel. Mod + a rom derived from official rom or CAF . Sorry friend, but before I had never heard anything like that. But I think that of 512Mb, around 350Mb should be free. Ad I don’t think that it will affect your warranty, if you are installing different mods/kernel.

Solution for the Browser lagging:
    If you are facing this problem then will suggest you to you to use the third party browser like Opera/Firefox and see the change that is it can handle those sites better. This thing is happening because of the Heavy flash-based sites are bound to lag, this thing is depend on the way they are get coded. I think that third party browser will help you a lot.

According to me, this thing can void the warranty for your device. For the revert warranty you will need to revert to factory ROM. You are telling right, because RAM is really shared with the GPU, and it’s not dedicated. I think that for you the Android browser is best , I am telling you this thing because nothing else can beat this. Check the connection speed only.

hey hi, I am also deciding to buy the nexus s for my brother. But about that I have problem that indian version of nexus s has super lcd screen or not. And also I have learned so many rumors that version i9023 has 256 mb ram as opposed to 512mb, and also one more thing about this is it is with lack of card slot. Actually my brother wants a good looking phone and also with a good sound quality. So can you suggest me some information this topic?

still, I think N is better than O:B
    my opinion for you is given below:-
    1: S-LCD or AMOLED has happens on the many problem then you will need lots of the information on the Google.
    2: I don’t think so, more amount of memory is dedicated to GPU, so it reduces the amount of space available for the CPU.
    3: I think that there si no need to worry about the space because this comes 16gig onboard.
    4: let me tell you that by loading custom ROMs you can activate your FM radio.

Thanks for your response, and I would also like to know the stores which are offering the Nexus S with the best price.

if you want to know about the stores of the Nexus S then I will suggest you that in the Local stores in Mumbai. At there you will get the S-AMOLED version of Nexus S. let me tell you that indian version of nexus s has very good ICD screen and not the amoled , whets the difference and now still you are waiting for the