Thread: Home screen appears very slow and taskbar switches apps after firmware update in samsung galaxy s2

Home screen appears very slow and taskbar switches apps after firmware update in samsung galaxy s2

Hi, I have recently bought a mobile from the Samsung store as I mentioned in the title, but I have started getting problem thus is just made a firmware update to the device. But after doing that I have started getting some more problems as listed.

• Whenever I boot the mobile the whole home screen appears very slowly. And when I back from any menu the same thing happens,.

• Whenever multiple applications are running in the task manager it just keep switching as we can’t select the one that we want to and wrong one gets selected.

Any idea what could be the problem in the mobile why this is behaving such a weirdly?

Re: Home screen appears very slow and taskbar switches apps after firmware update in samsung galaxy s2

have you update the firmware through the Kies?

And if so then have you made a factory reset after updating the mobile?

Re: Home screen appears very slow and taskbar switches apps after firmware update in samsung galaxy s2

Yeah I have done make firmware update through kies only but I am not sure about this as we need to make a factory reset as well, is it necessary?

off course you must have to do factory reset to your mobile as that’s completely necessary, because the thing is like when you update the phone software through the Kies it keeps all the previous settings as well that we had made earlier thus all the logs associated with the application are also stored in the mobile though we make a firmware update. And for removing those data we must have to make factory reset.

As you do this all the application ect. Will be wiped out and you’ll have any such problem.

And if suppose you are about to make a factory reset you must have to,

1) keep backup of your contacts to your Google account.

2) And this time don't keep any system settings via any backup app. It's best to begin fresh.