Thread: GPS not working in Samsung galaxy s2

GPS not working in Samsung galaxy s2

Hi, I have recently bought the mentioned mobile, but I am not able to use the GPS feature which is there in the phone.

As I have tried almost everything known to me but still nothing appearing on the screen when I try to access anything from the GMAP.

Any suggestion for resolving this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: GPS not working in Samsung galaxy s2

You should first of all make sure that all the settings regarding the google maps is perfectly done in your mobile.

And I was also having the same problem but I have noticed that navigation option only doesn't work unless connected to the internet.

Have you downloaded the maps to the mobile? Because see if you haven’t done it yet it always redirect to the google maps and which require internet connection to be activated. And sometimes though we have internet connection it won’t work perfectly thus I would say you should try to get those maps first to your device.

Are you trying to accessing it from the home or you are outside?

See you need to be out in the open, with an unhindered view of the sky in order to make use of GPS. As it uses satellites and requires line of sight. And off course as mentioned by the above user you should check whether you have TURN ON location services.

Apart from this if suppose you have selected the 3G services then you must have to turn it off as well from the network setting because it uses to find the 3G network which is not enable and thus it won’t work.

I believe that there could be some problem in the firmware that you are using, thus you must have to reinstall it however.