Thread: Unable to send Emails with attachments on Samsung galaxy s2

Unable to send Emails with attachments on Samsung galaxy s2

Hi, I am using Samsung galaxy s2 and I have encountered a very serious problem with the mobile as I am not able to send the Emails from the mobile with the attachments, and if I send them without them nothing went wrong as they goes perfectly to the destination address.

Thus any idea what could be the problem, and no matter what the size is, because I have done each and everything with that as the smallest files are also causing the same problem.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to send Emails with attachments on Samsung galaxy s2

See there could be so many problems associated with such issue, thus first of all make sure that the internet connection that you are using is perfectly ok, there should not be any problem in that as you must have to have active connection in order to send Emails. Thus you can simply check the setting that you have made for the device.

You can simply know about the data plans that you have activated, from your network operator itself.

And if suppose you are using any wireless connection such as WIFI through the router then you should ensure the same thing for this as well, I mean to say make sure that all the settings are perfectly made.

Have you ever tried another application apart from the one that you are using currently.

In other words there are too many application that you can make use of for accessing your account and sending mails from it.

I am agree with the above user as you should make use of the default browser that you have gotten with the phone for accessing the mail account. Because that’s the one best way to access the account, as I am also having the same problem with the default application though I have different mobile but still I am also not able to access my account through that application and the same thing I can do with the opera mini browser thus you should try to send the mails from the browser only and see what happens.

I don’t know what could be the solution but still you can have alternative for sure, as if suppose you are not able to send the mails through the Gmail then you should try to send the same files from another account such as yahoo or rediff.

I think there could be some problem in the settings that you have made for the ICMP and POP3 in your device and I don’t think you’ll be able to do it on your own, thus according to me you should try to delete the account that you have configured.

As after deleting the account you have to configure it again. an then try to send the mails.

And I am sure you might not have been aware about the size limit because there isn’t any such threat left that can cause such a problem, thus I would like to suggest you this as well like make sure that you are using the appropriate size of attachments.

I think there might be some problem in the firmware that you are using thus I think you should try to update the firmware first.

Thanks, I got the problem actually, it was because of the firmware only, but the thing that make me wonder was like if there is some problem with the firmware than why the same thing happens with the browser as well.

Anyways thanks as I have got the solution.

Hi Nitesha,

I am also using same device( Samsung Galaxy s2) and encountered same issue ( not able to attach documents to mail), So please suggest me how could we resolve this issue.

Thanks,
    Phani.

This is a firmware issue. You will need to download run the most latest firmware on your phone. In old firmware there might be no support for the attachments. Try to run latest updates for your phone. Second thing are you notable to attach a file or the attachment button is not working. You will need to specify the same. If you are facing any kind of error while attaching the file then also please notify it.

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

The problem is with bowser( internet icon ) , when i use browser or gmail to send mail with attachments, then click on attachment button then it is pionting to gallery and not allow to browse file from other places/folders. If i configure mail through mail icon then its working fine( allow to browse file from diff folders).

If firmware is remedy for this issue, i have installed firm ware 1.1(has been downloaded from android market).

My phone is - samsung galaxy s2.

Thanks,
    Phani.

By the way which browser you are using. I had faced the same issue where the attachment does not allows me to navigate to the phone folders. This was because of folders restriction of lack of file explorer in the web browser. I downloaded and installed Opera Mini. This works nicely. I can browse to different folders of phone for attachment and also save the download to the location of my choice.