Thread: Unable to see wi-fi connectivity in Toshiba Satellite L505-GS5037

Unable to see wi-fi connectivity in Toshiba Satellite L505-GS5037

Hi, I am a Toshiba Satellite L505-GS5037 owner and everything was working fine but still whenever I turn on WIFI it just will not shows any connectivity between the router and the laptop. I have tried almost all the possibly known things to me but still no Luck and the machine is behaves in same manner. And I am having this kind of problem for the first time and that’s why I am not able to figure out even as what could be the problem with the laptop. Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to see wi-fi connectivity in Toshiba Satellite L505-GS5037

See there could be so many reasons causing this kind of problems with the machine, I mean to say without testing the machine it is quite difficult to ensure what could be the cause causing this kind of problem with your laptop, in short I would say either there could be some problem with the laptop or else with the router that you are using.

Have you tried connecting any other device to you router ever, because see if you are able to connect other device with the machine that means surely there is some problem with your laptop only. You can try to connect other laptop instead yours or try with any portable device.

After doing that mentioned the actual thing rather behavior that you have noticed with both the devices and mentioned it here so that I can assist you further.

I am quite agree with the above user but still there are so many other causes as well that can also cause such problem with WIFI connectivity, I mean to say make sure whenever you try to connect the machine with your router, the laptop is within particular specified circumstances. If suppose you are quite far away from the router than also the connectivity between those devices can be dropped most often. Thus, make sure you at specified distance with the router.

In addition, together with this another concern is like you should make sure as there is any obstacle between those device, because that can also cause such problem with the machine and the laptop won’t discover the WIFI however.

are you sure that you have made perfect settings at both the sides, I hope you must be aware as you need to make setting in order to connect your laptop with the router thus while doing that check everything is perfectly done and if you don’t know how to do that you can simply refer to any expertise person as well.

And apart from this you can also take help from the manual or guide given to you with the router, because they must have mentioned some of the settings regards to the product, and from that only you can have perfect idea. I am not sure about the online help but still hoping that there should be any online provision as well for resolving such query with the machine, have you ever been through their official website?

make sure you are entering perfect LOGIN ID and password while authorizing your device. Because that could also be one of the concern causing this problem.

See there are several standards for WIFI such as 802.11 either B/G/N wireless network thus we need to make settings according to the laptop and the router that we are using.

As mentioned above you should check in your router manual as which network is been supported by your router, and then see what settings you have made, so that you can have perfect idea about the cause and you will get some sort solution.

Apart from that, make sure you have configured the settings perfectly. In other words there are two kind of network keys such as WPA and WEP, thus you should try to select any which you haven’t tried yet or simply exactly opposite to the one you have tried.

Delete all the configured settings and then reconfigured it again. Because it is also important to reconfigure adaptor properties as well. Don’t whether you know how to do that but still I have attached a very good file in which there is quite better explanation about the same thing so you can refer that as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files

have you ever tried resetting the router firmware? If not then I would like to recommend you that you should try to do that as well, as because of some corrupted cache this could be happening, thus after resetting it everything would be perfectly ok.

After seeing above comments it seems like you must be having some problem with the operating system that you have installed in the machine, because It might be possible that because of some corruption in the windows and that’s why I would like to recommend you that you should try to reinstall the same operating system because I think that’s the only way left in order to get it work again, or else you can have another option as well like you should approach any network engineer and let them resolve this problem in your machine and then see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestion, in fact I was also thinking about the same thing as reinstall would be better option, but still I have so many data in the hard drive that I can’t even move so I think it would be critical for me to reinstall the OS, anyways how about windows repair ? will it help me resolving this issue?

I was also having the similar problem once with my machine and after such effort i came to know that all the settings that i had made was quite perfect but still was having problem but the actual threat was because of the drivers that i had installed in my machine, as they were actually corrupted and not working thus after reinstalling them everything was working perfectly and it was again able to connect to the router.

Thus i am sure you must be aware as what could be my recommendation but here you can have another option as well, such as you should not install the same drivers that you have already installed instead you should try to download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website and then see what happens, because i am quite sure you must be having problem because of that only rather than problem with the operating system.

Why don’t you visit the service center because see though you have make each and every settings perfectly as mentioned above but still there could be any hardware problem as well, I mean to say if suppose the WIFI port is damage however then also, though you done every setting perfectly the will not recognize properly for sure.

And that’s why it is always better to visit the service center let them test the machine and get some solution for your laptop, if really there is some problems in your laptop. And don’t worry about the charges as if your laptop would be in warranty period than you don’t have to pay them anything.