Thread: Wi-Fi hotspot function is not working in Samsung galaxy S2

Wi-Fi hotspot function is not working in Samsung galaxy S2

Hello friend, I have recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy S2 past 2 weeks ago and I am facing the problem with the Wi-Fi hotspot function, which is not working proper. I have also to work with the two different SIM cards then also it is not working. Tethering which works via the USB works very much good. When I switch on the Wi-Fi hotspot which is open or secured, I am able to connect but after some time it is disconnect automatically. I have also tried to do the factory reset and start and work it again but it is giving me the same problem, as I am frustrated and tried with it. So please suggest me what I can do it and how it can work.

Re: Wi-Fi hotspot function is not working in Samsung galaxy S2

Well I think you have not contact the Samsung service center, as your mobile is the new and you are not able to connect, so contact them and get it fix and you will get it fix soon and also better for your phone operating also.

If you are not able to connect through the Wi-Fi hotspot then it is fully fault in the phone, as you should some brains or you should contact the customer care, you should tell the problem you are facing and they will provide the solution with it, or might provide with the settings to be done regarding the connection for the long time. Even you can go and visit any Samsung service center which is near to house or which is there in your area. If you to the service center then your problem will be solved and also the reason can be find out with the visit the customer center also. This is what I can suggest you to do as it is related to the internet connection via the Wi-Fi.

I think there might be some setting problem which is not be proper assigned to your phone, so you better see the setting and also check the setting with any of the other friend who is using the Samsung Galaxy S2 and also uses the Wi-Fi hotspot and it is also working proper also.

You can see the setting which is there in the phone and also you can edit the settings also, for go to the setting you just need to follow the following steps:
    • First go to the home page, from the home go to the menu which is there on the button.
    • In the menu go to the setting tap, which is seen on the first page of the menu
    • In the Setting go to the Wireless and Network setting, which is on the top of the list in the Setting
    • In the Wireless and Network setting go to the Tethering and Portable Hotspot which is there in the list, you have to scroll it down for it.
    • In that there is the Portable Wi-Fi hotspot setting, so you can do the setting in that.
    • In that when you tap it say that it is enabled and you click on the ok button on the screen. Then the Wi-Fi hotspot is enabled and also opens to all.

The best option is to call the customer care and get it fixed from them, as you will do then you might not be able to do it also. So better call up them or go and visit the customer care which is in your area and there fix it and also will tell if it is related to the problem also. So better see through it.

I will suggest you both as the entire above user have suggested you to do it. So if I have the same problem then I would try to fix it on my own, as going to customer care and get it fixed spent lot of time and also will get the phone after a periods of days also, but if I am getting the solution on the internet and it is proper and also the best to do as the people are saying then I have done it. If then also it does not work then I will go to the customer care and would tell them to get it fixed as soon as possible, as I am not having another phone, but I think this type of problem are been solved on the spot if they have the technical person in the store and also he is very experienced also. So you better decide what you will do, the actual decision is been taken by you as it is you phone.

Thank you so much for the suggestion, as I have done settings and it is also not working, so I have decide it to take to the customer care center of the Samsung and get it fixed from there. I was thinking this is my bad luck that I am getting the solution for it and also for to do. I will get it fixed and will surf the internet also.