Thread: Speaker and mic not working while calling in Samsung Galaxy S II

Speaker and mic not working while calling in Samsung Galaxy S II

I have purchased the new Samsung Galaxy S II for my personal and professional use one month ago. I don’t have any problem with the working of the device till last week but after that I faced some serious problem regarding to that. The actual problem is Speaker and mic of my phone not working while calling. The telephone is ringing to whoever I am calling, but the one I am calling cannot catch me (hear me) and vice versa. During this the phone makes the little dialing sound and then I can hear it is ringing with the normal ringing sound. I think the problem is in both mic and speaker also. I cannot understand what to do. Can anyone give me some solution to solve this problem? Please help me.

Re: Speaker and mic not working while calling in Samsung Galaxy S II

I want to say that I had the exact same problem some time before. I was also listening everything but the person on the other hand unable to hear anything. Then I prefer to use speaker only for the calling purpose. Then I can hear everything. And in some cases I record some stuff on my device. This is the best thing to do with this problem. There is no waste of money at all.

I also heard about this problem in various Samsung phones. Some users suffer from the loss in call. I think I can give you best solution for this problem. You can use the Bluetooth device for the calling purpose. in this way you can attend your calls without the help of your Mic and speakers. There are so many Bluetooth devices available in the market so you can choose one of them for your solution.
    Or you can also use the headphone facility for that reason. This is also better option for you and I think you definitely have the headphones of your system if you don’t have please tried to purchase it. This is best cost efficient way to solve your problem because there is no more need of the mic and speakers to do a call from your phone.

This problem is not rare in the Samsung users. I think this is only hardware related issue. because sometime the bottom microphone is working OK. So you can use the Bluetooth device for calling on your handset. Then you will see that the phone work properly after that. You have to check the firmware of the phone which is also important in some cases. I think you were run I9100XXKG3 2.3.4 (GINGERBREAD firmware in your system. so you can also try to root your phone. So I am giving you an advice please try to update your phone as soon as possible because in latest firmware this problem can be solved.

I want to give you one suggestion which may helpful to solve your problem. Here I am giving you that. I think you can use the Google talk with video on your phone. Your phone has the ability to run that on your system. So you can try this also as an option to solve your problem.

I searched on the web for solution of this problem after reading your description and I get various options for that but here I am giving you the best and easiest among those. I am not sure about the result because I never use this trick on my stuff. For solving you problem you have to switched of your mobile and then restart it again and set the profile on the flight mode and then after you have to switched it back off then you will see that your phone’s speakers work properly. I know this is very odd but you can try this for better experience. Thank you.

I think this problem may relate to network only. This kind of error founds in various SIM cards. Here I am giving you some suggestions to follow:
    • You have to check out the network setting in your phone.
    • You have to make sure there is no problem in the network by the help of service provider.
    • You have to check out your SIM card’s performance on the different handset (use the other Samsung handset).
    • Try to replace your SIM card and use the new one.
    • Try to update the firmware.

I think one of this should help you in solving your problem.

You have mentioned that you purchased your device recently. So I want to give you an advice for that. I think you definitely have the warranty on your device so you have to try for the replacement on your device. Samsung provide good service for this kind of issue so I am telling you to get rid of this problem as soon as possible by replacing this device with new one. I think this will help you up to some extent.