Thread: Lenovo X220 battery lifetime

Lenovo X220 battery lifetime

I purchased brand new Lenovo X220 recently and it has i7 processor and also has SSD, GMA with 6 cell battery. I used it 4-5 days and I noticed till now that it has an average battery lifetime that is 3.5 to 4 hours. Though it has i7 processor and it is really a powerful CPU, but I feel 4 hours is really a low battery life and I tested that battery not at a very bright display and even on low-power scheme. So, It looks little strange to me.

Re: Lenovo X220 battery lifetime

That is OK, as I never had a laptop till this date which gave me the battery life, in real world, which was claimed after conducting some artificial test.

Before I say anything I want to ask that the, laptop you are using is Lenovo preload or not? And I will suggest you that you should try to list your Power Manager settings in advanced mode.

I also have a Lenovo laptop and it has i3 processor and it also has SSD. And I experience usually six to seven hours of battery life even at full brightness. My battery is a 6 cell battery. I keep its brightness always full because.

I have bought Lenovo X220 and I am really disappointed by its battery life. It has 2410 i5 processor and intel SSD with a 9 cell battery. I get bellow 8 hours of battery life when I set the brightness somewhere at 50% and run a standard definition video in a loop.
    I think I am totally in loss as I my battery life is so short even with such specs. I was thinking that I will get 15 hours plus battery life as Lenovo was claiming, and also I have seen some reviews in that they were getting better battery life even with smaller battery and more power consuming parts. I am not running a Lenovo preload. When I tried running powercfg then it returned with some errors, and amongst them none of them were noticeable issues. And because of all these, today I am going to call Lenovo technical support.

As far as I know, video looping doesn’t gives you an accurate measurement of your laptop’s battery life. I will also like to add that some codecs like DivX consumes more resources then others. And also if your video player exclusively relies on CPU to decode then it is obvious that your power consumption will be higher. And most of the time the battery life also decreases because of user installed programs.
    If you want to know the precise and more evolved method to find out the reason for poor battery life then you then I will suggest you to get a Process monitor and then run it. And then check and see only file activity and registry in the top right corner. Don’t do anything with your system as any activity done by you will result in battery life to decrease.

I also want to add here that as I have experienced till now, I have found that Skype and Chrome browser consumes more power and takes down battery faster. So, I will like to suggerst you to use Opera browser if want little better battery life. I am saying this, because I started getting better battery life by the day I started using Opera and stopped using Chrome and Skype.