Thread: Lenovo T410 Keyboard not working after juice spill

Lenovo T410 Keyboard not working after juice spill

Good day the people! I could jump at the chance to share my pain to you for the purpose that I am able to get cause from you to settle the same. I am a possessor of a Lenovo T410 and accidently I have spilled some apples and oranges squeeze (sweet and sticky) on my t410's console. I have attempted Switching off the laptop, held up for a day then switched it over on. The laptop worked regularly excluding for fluctuating keys, for the most part in the first column of letters (qwertz...) that didn't work (didn't respond when pressed), and others who were sticky and got stayed when pressed in addition attempted a large number of strides but no assistance.

Re: Lenovo T410 Keyboard not working after juice spill

I esteem your attempts to recovery your console, but genuinely feel the time is now, to part yourself from it and embrace it has unfortunately withdrawn and identify a swap. An alternative could be to connect the framework to a port replicator or scaled down-dock, which have capacity on switches, segregate the inward console from the mainboard and begin the framework from the port rep. or smaller than normal dock following joining an outside console to either or your journal. Not an exceptional explanation assuming that you should voyage.

I had the same mishap. Following something greater than several months, I at last gained the US console I had requested on eBay from Honk Kong.

Set back the ol' finances (in $US):

console : $35

DHL sending : $40

Imbecilic Bolivian tradition expense : $45

Add up to : $120.-

Still a spot less than the tear-off shop's award, but the bundle was stayed for like 2 months at the Bolivian habit. In the event that I'd known it could be the embodiment of a huge thing to import a $35 article through DHL, I could have searched for a diverse explanation!

Anyway, I was confident that a brand new console could tackle the situation but no. I supplanted the console and booted the thinkpad, my heart blasting with anticipation and every last trace of the symptoms are still here. The "mistake: key stayed" at startup, and the part of the way working console. So I surmise some chip on the MB was browned. The console connector on the MB looks clean and undamaged. The entire console is fresh out of the plastic new. Luckily I am able to still utilize the laptop with an outer USB console connected to. So now I speculate I'll give it like a pro and leave myself to have an absolutely costly "transportable" workstation rather than a great laptop. Until I stumble upon a genuine Lenovo back technician), conceivably they can do something.

Likewise simply amusing (A longshot but won't damage anything). Pull the CMOS electric cell and spared it the time to sit for 5-10 moments. I question the BIOS settings are answerable for that stayed key lapse but you never know.

1. Now and then when we get cellphones that are wet down to the circuit plank, we utilize denatured firewater and drench the circuit sheet right in the liquor or in any event brush the segments with it.
    2. The denatured liquor is very nearly 100% firewater so it leaves no water deposit. Frequently assuming that you do this methodology ASAP following fluid contact it can dry out the segments enough to get them working again.
    3. I'm not telling anybody to give their macbook a firewater soak but its exceptional as a final resort in the event that you are primarily up the brook anyway with a fluid harmed part.

I could give it a few more days to dry out. Detach all capacity and leave it for a brief period of time. Since the console makes be toast, then at any rate you'll know that would be the most terrible of it. By reason of you ability to dismantle the thing, then you ought to have the ability to spot a trade part within the web based world an as yet undisclosed place and do it yourself for economical.